Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral after the purchase

Ev_Rider

Feb 2, 2020
Texas
A friend of mine purchased his Tesla a few weeks back - has not received yet. He meant to use my referral code but forgot. Can that person still use my referral code? If so , how?

Ken_Y

Jun 14, 2020
Pasadena
A friend of mine purchased his Tesla a few weeks back - has not received yet. He meant to use my referral code but forgot. Can that person still use my referral code? If so , how?

Yes as long as he did not take delivery. Have him take your referral code and give it to his sales associate or a showroom. The manager will have to get it added manually. FYI, you can take it to any showroom. Just call.

Reactions: thesmokingman

WhiteWi

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Feb 21, 2021
Somewhere in Universe
Yes as long as he did not take delivery. Have him take your referral code and give it to his sales associate or a showroom. The manager will have to get it added manually. FYI, you can take it to any showroom. Just call.
Friend of mine tried to do it before delivery few months back and they told him it is only can be done during placing the order. They can’t add it after the fact anymore.

thesmokingman

Jun 21, 2021
Socal
Friend of mine tried to do it before delivery few months back and they told him it is only can be done during placing the order. They can’t add it after the fact anymore.
My SA said it can be added after order but not after delivery. After you take delivery there's nothing they can do then.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC