Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral award in loot box

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am trying to redeem my 21" wheels, and when I go into my "loot box" it doesn't give me an option for the wheels - it just shows options for the kid model s car or the wall charger?? I have 3 referrals and that should let me order the wheels. What am I not seeing in my mobile app? I tried calling Tesla and of course there is a 30+ minute wait to get to talk to someone. Thanks for your help.....

I believe the 3rd is early access token for solar roof. Received the 2 HPWC in November.
I got 3 referral as well.

Attachments

• FA1BBAC9-D341-4B1D-BF8A-B0A1C16E6C0D.jpeg
    FA1BBAC9-D341-4B1D-BF8A-B0A1C16E6C0D.jpeg
    94.8 KB · Views: 114
Same issue. I got toy car followed by HPWC. Expected wheels for next one but got crap solar token and now priority access to software. Both worthless. Was expecting wheels and now totally ripped off.

Was your 3rd referral sometime before early October (when they changed the prizes)? The orders that placed before the new referral program would have the old referral prizes according to the terms.

My 3rd referral took delivery on Sept 28th. I saw that the "current" referral program dates are from Oct 5-Dec 10th 2018, but the previous program is May 19-July 31st 2018, there are no notes of any program from the end of the July 31st program to the start of the current program date of Oct 5th??? Very confused - it looks like because my 3rd referral occurred before Oct 5th, that the only items I am eligible for are the kid Tesla car, or the charging station......

@tennisman This post sums it up pretty well: Woot! 1st Referral...Now What?

I referred myself for a Model 3 Dual Motor and took delivery on 9/24. Still nothing. The delay might be explained by the back office systems being a mess. They called me a couple weeks later asking whether I paid by check or wire transfer (it was a bank check). The credit union sent me notices saying they did not get the title and threatened to consider the loan in default. The temporary tag expired and the registration wasn't done with the state. Finally last week they got the registration done. The referral will probably come through once I've given up hope.

Loot box is oddly glitchy. One time I logged in, saw all these extra referrals and was excited until I realized all the names were different from my referrals. It as showing me someone else’s loot box. Logging in an hour later it reverted to mine.

All vehicles delivered by Sept 28th....
That's the reason why I think. I think the previous program 3rd referral was the solar panels. I think the 4th or 5th one of the previous one is the Arachnids. If the order was taken place after Oct 5th, the 3rd referral prize would be the Arachnids. They move the prizes around with different qualifying windows and that makes it all go super crazy....

Last edited:
Same issue. I got toy car followed by HPWC. Expected wheels for next one but got crap solar token and now priority access to software. Both worthless. Was expecting wheels and now totally ripped off.

I am exactly on the same boat as you. My 3rd referral placed his order on Oct 3rd and at that time Wheels was offered for 4th referral. I got the useless solar token for my 3rd referral. My 4th referral placed his order on Oct 18th by then Tesla moved up the Wheels for 3rd referral. Thus I ended up getting priority software update for my 4tg referral.

Sent numerous emails to Tesla’s referral program but they are simply going by the books. Not realizing how many customers like us might have been impacted due to moving the prices up and down. Very unhappy.