Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral bonus just increased to 5000 miles?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
20190428_123204.jpg
Logged into my app and it says now you get 5000 miles free supercharging instead of 1000! Anyone else seeing this?
I ordered a week ago, trying to see if sales advisor can update me to new terms. This is a big change!

If this is any point, I’m doubtful (but hopeful) you’ll get the extra super charging.

For my case I ordered four days before they started offering the thousand miles of free supercharging. Of course I had not picked up my car yet. When I went to pick it up, I had the referral code added., and the delivery guy said he thought it would apply. It never did. I contacted Tesla and they were pretty strict about eligibility for the program is dependent upon the order date, not the delivery date. In the end. a thousand miles is what.... $50-$100? At 5000 miles it makes more of a difference, so I hope it works for you

Lots of erratic and random deals to boost sales in the past 6 months. Seems a little desperate to me. Not that it's a bad thing to get more free miles, but that's not a reason that gets people to make a spontaneous decision to buy a car. Buying a car is big decision and lots of money for most people. Anticipating their next car purchase, often many years of research and thinking goes into that decision.

Getting 5 entries to win a car is a joke. Because everyone making a referral is also getting 5 entries. The odds of winning a car for you are not 5 times higher. They are exactly the same as there are now 5 times as many tickets in the pool :)

Just bought an P3D last night. I have my 5K mile referral code. I imagine I will have to accept delivery before I can set up supercharging and use a referral code. I am certainly willing to use your code/give my code to another new buyer. Let's take advantage of that 5K miles, right? Please message me if you are interested in using codes. --H

Another note...My sales rep told me that FSD will go up $3,000 on May 1st. I bought last night to lock in FSD for $5,000. If there are any fencesitters out there, take into consideration that FSD will cost $8,000 (new) in just two days.
--H

I thought Elon first tweeted it would go up by $3k then followed up to say more like $1k. Then to say it would be delayed to mid-May so right-hand drive vehicles can be ordered at the lower price. Makes me doubt your rep.

I placed an order on 4/25 with a referral code, and am set to take delivery this Saturday. I emailed my salesperson to ask about getting the 5000 miles instead, or if I need to cancel my order and resubmit. Haven't heard back from him yet....Do these "miles" expire or are they good as long as you have the car?

I placed an order on 4/25 with a referral code, and am set to take delivery this Saturday. I emailed my salesperson to ask about getting the 5000 miles instead, or if I need to cancel my order and resubmit. Haven't heard back from him yet....Do these "miles" expire or are they good as long as you have the car?
6 months expiry. If you refer buyers you get 5000 miles and 6 months extension for each successful referral.

this is worth around $400-$500 at CA supercharger pricing. Less other places

i wouldn't turn it down or anything but still not really a big deal

I'd rather have $200 cash or something and not have to waste time at a supercharger trying to redeem

I actually had a friend purchase their TM3 this month and will be receiving it before May 28,2019. I had contacted a Tesla location and they stated they can revise (from 1000 mi) the FREE SUPERCHARGING for 5000 mi into the system for both parties. However, the 5000 mi won't go into effect till 2 weeks after receiving the vehicle. Make sure you receive a CASE # before you hang up the phone. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I actually had a friend purchase their TM3 this month and will be receiving it before May 28,2019. I had contacted a Tesla location and they stated they can revise (from 1000 mi) the FREE SUPERCHARGING for 5000 mi into the system for both parties. However, the 5000 mi won't go into effect till 2 weeks after receiving the vehicle. Make sure you receive a CASE # before you hang up the phone. Hope this helps.

I was told the only way to get the 5,000 miles is to cancel and reorder the car.