Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral code now available for Model 3 owners. Is this new?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just noticed a “loot box” show up in my Tesla app, which provided me with a referral code for others to get free supercharging for purchases of S and X vehicles (NOT 3s), or to use the code to sign up for a Tesla newsletter and give both of us a chance to race a Tesla Semi. I’m pretty sure most or all of this is standard for S or X owners, but I think this is new for a 3 owner? I don’t own any other Tesla products (ie no powerwall either). Could this be a prelude to some other benefits for Model 3 owners? Any future possibility of supercharging credits, or dare I ask, free supercharging?? Is the anti-sell officially winding down?

From what I've seen/heard is that it takes awhile for the referral code and loot box to appear on your account, but you are able to call them and activate it if you need it. I was able to do this maybe 3 weeks after I received my Model 3 since my brother was about to order a new Model S (I think me getting my Model 3 pushed him over the edge to finally pull the trigger). I was able to get them to activate my referral code and have my brother use it so he can get free SC and I will eventually get that nice, black wall connector :D

Reactions: btews