TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Referral code now available for Model 3 owners. Is this new?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by Dante, Jul 19, 2018.

1. Dante

Dante Member

So I just noticed a “loot box” show up in my Tesla app, which provided me with a referral code for others to get free supercharging for purchases of S and X vehicles (NOT 3s), or to use the code to sign up for a Tesla newsletter and give both of us a chance to race a Tesla Semi. I’m pretty sure most or all of this is standard for S or X owners, but I think this is new for a 3 owner? I don’t own any other Tesla products (ie no powerwall either). Could this be a prelude to some other benefits for Model 3 owners? Any future possibility of supercharging credits, or dare I ask, free supercharging?? Is the anti-sell officially winding down?

• Informative x 2
  2. RayK

RayK Member

#2 RayK, Jul 20, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    I just noticed it yesterday (Thursday) in my app too. MyTesla (Tesla Account) page also has details tracking your referrals and your personal referral link.

3. PoitNarf

PoitNarf The Clown Prince of Crime

Not necessarily new. This was added to the Tesla app several weeks ago.

4. RyanF

RyanF Member

My loot box showed up yesterday and was gone this morning. Anyone else have this happen?

5. Dante

Dante Member

still there for me...

6. balzary

balzary Member

This happened to me as well, was wondering if I had just imagined the loot box :)

7. balzary

balzary Member

I guess we have to call to get it back?

8. taylor

taylor Member

From what I've seen/heard is that it takes awhile for the referral code and loot box to appear on your account, but you are able to call them and activate it if you need it. I was able to do this maybe 3 weeks after I received my Model 3 since my brother was about to order a new Model S (I think me getting my Model 3 pushed him over the edge to finally pull the trigger). I was able to get them to activate my referral code and have my brother use it so he can get free SC and I will eventually get that nice, black wall connector :D

• Like x 1
  9. RyanF

RyanF Member

Very good question. Anyone else have a loot box only to lose it a day or two later?

10. balzary

balzary Member

Mine is back now!

11. RyanF

RyanF Member

Yeah mine came back for good it appears. Now I just need to find someone who wants a Model S or X!

12. SigNC

SigNC Member

13. RedModel3

RedModel3 Member

Mine disappeared as well, and nothing online in my account.

14. Just_Peachy

Just_Peachy New Member

Mine has disappeared from my app and I can't find it on the Tesla website.

15. mister yub

mister yub Member

Same here... And I was planning to refer someone too... :(