Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Code & unlimited supercharging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I used a referral code from a You Tube video about 1 month ago, when ordering my X.
The $1000 credit showed up immediately in my order confirmation, however I had yet to see my unlimited supercharging benefit.
The issue is that the delivery is scheduled for this Sat 9/23, and Tesla wants me to pay for the vehicle, which is normal.
Anybody can confirm if the unlimited supercharging benefit will appear on my account after delivery, since the $1000 credit already shows?

This happened to me where I was showing paid supercharging on the account and in the car on the touchscreen after using a code. Contacted my owner adviser and they put in a request to get it fixed and it was corrected a couple days later. A friend that used my code also had this problem and they fixed it by contacting their owner adviser.

Same problem. Used a referral code... but the discount wasn't even showing up. Had to ping my DS to update the ProForma paperwork. Then 1.5 weeks later... still not seeing unlimited supercharging. I got 2 separate emails from Tesla.

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. We have successfully verified that your purchase was completed with a referral code and your configuration should reflect Free Supercharging. The request for proper reflection has been submitted to the corresponding team and should be resolved in the next few days. Your patience and understanding is appreciated as we get this resolved as quickly as possible

Then today...

Thank you for contacting Tesla Customer Support. The process to enable free, unlimited Supercharging usually occurs over the first few weeks of ownership. This is a manual process, and our teams are working diligently to ensure this feature has been activated for all qualified customers. Please disregard any notification of a decreasing KWH balance. If any charges are incurred they will be reversed once the free unlimited Supercharging feature becomes active. Thank you for your patience, please let us now if you need anything further.

• Informative
Reactions: FarmerDave
This happened to me where I was showing paid supercharging on the account and in the car on the touchscreen after using a code. Contacted my owner adviser and they put in a request to get it fixed and it was corrected a couple days later. A friend that used my code also had this problem and they fixed it by contacting their owner adviser.

I did the same thing: contacted my OA and DS and brought to their attention that my on-line configuration shows the SC04 code "Pay Per Use Supercharging" instead of the SC05 code "Unlimited Supercharging", They submitted a request and the code was corrected in a few days. There are some other odd things in the specs (like APH2 instead of APH3), but the Supercharging is something I wanted to have corrected now, so there would be no problems later on.

I used a referral code from a You Tube video about 1 month ago, when ordering my X.
The $1000 credit showed up immediately in my order confirmation, however I had yet to see my unlimited supercharging benefit.
The issue is that the delivery is scheduled for this Sat 9/23, and Tesla wants me to pay for the vehicle, which is normal.
Anybody can confirm if the unlimited supercharging benefit will appear on my account after delivery, since the $1000 credit already shows?

Same thing happened to me. I sent a couple emails to the support. My first three SCs where on my account then it stopped and it changed to unlimited.

I just noticed the same with my Model X delivery on 9/16. I've been keeping a lookout at the Supercharging section in My Tesla but it still displays as "Remaining Credit". I sent a support inquiry tonight so hopefully I get this resolved in next few days.

I received a reply this morning regarding my inquiry. Here's what they stated.

"In regards to the supercharging credits, this is something that will take a few weeks to update and reflect in your account. I apologize for any confusion on that subject, but can assure you that your referral code was entered properly and you do have free unlimited supercharging.

Please be assured that if the annual complimentary 400kwh limit is exceeded, any additional Supercharging fees will be reversed once the free, Supercharging feature becomes active."

Hope that addresses the concerns by those who are experiencing the same.

This is really helpful to read that. Thank you!
I still can't understand why it's taking so long to update some electronic records...
My concern was that I read somewhere that people were only able to refer 5 others. And I am not sure if my referral is still valid as a result of that. But I guess it must be since I am at least seeing the $1000 credit ?!

[Update: Apparently not - see following post...]

The wording of the program is vague, but is clear that only 5 people get the unlimited supercharging per owner. I believe referrals continue to get the $1000 off after that, but no supercharging after 5 even though the wording implies both benefits only apply to 5 referrals. What are the chances that you were one of the first 5 people to use the referral from that youtube channel?

I searched, but couldn't find any positive confirmation that referrals were giving the discount even after 5. It would make sense, though, because there are complications with the discount being locked into the order at confirmation time, but the referral not triggering other benefits until delivery. It would be much simpler if referrals always gave $1000 and then they can wait until actual deliveries to confirm the FUSC feature and other reward benefits.

Last edited:
If a referral code is accepted for an order, it provides both the $1,000 referral credit and the free unlimited supercharging.

Initially, Tesla provided that an individual could only make 5 referrals. Any referrals beyond that were not effective - meaning if an OA tried to enter, it was invalid and another code needed to be entered. Tesla thereafter created a "secret" level beyond the initial 5, so that referrers could provide their code to an additional 5 new owners. Since then, "secret" level 2 has opened up, which provides no hard cap, up to at least 55 total referrals. At which point, the referrer would have earned enough referrals for a free Next Gen Roadster. Each of those 55 referrals all yield the same exact benefits.

There are no codes out there that only offer $1,000 off. Each code is either valid for $1,000 off and free supercharging, or it is not valid for any benefit. There is no in-between and no need to worry about whether or not you have free unlimited supercharging. If a code was applied, you have free unlimited supercharging.

Hi,

I'm wondering if something is funky with my setup too. My order was done by my OA, so I did not click the referral link when ordering, but the $1000 credit appeared in my order. The odd thing is that my car says "paid supercharging". However my Tesla account says " Supercharging You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle"

I have a co-worker who has had his car for about 1 month and his car says "paid" while his account says "free, unlimited" too. Once you guys had the free supercharging appear on your account, was it reflected on the car?

Drew

It took almost 5 weeks for mine to show up. Then it didn't reflect in the car until my next firmware update.