Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Code used (Confirmation check?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

davidmc

May 20, 2019
Leicester
Question:

Not sure if the below is correct, but i have used a referral code for the free 5k supercharging miles (before it dropped to 1k)

I noticed this in the code when looking for "vin" (mines Null at the moment).

"referrerToken":"Nf9YZHI_4hWv1GAU211_CBWDSE3yOCtgWrpROKCo2Hk"

I'm assuming this is the token for the referrer you have used and could confirm if it has been applied to your account?

If someone who has not used one or forgot, to see if theirs = Null ?

I'm assuming this is the token for the referrer you have used and could confirm if it has been applied to your account?

The Referrer will be able to look at their MyTesla and see that your Referral is in there.

Doesn't plenty Tesla subsequently mucking up ... but would at least give you reassurance that the Referral was actually logged!!

Good luck using up 5,000 Supercharger miles in six months :)

Bjorn said (IIRC) that he had 70 referrals in that period - so 350,000 miles free supercharging ... but he gets 6 months PER referral - so he has 35 YEARS to use them all up !!

The Referrer will be able to look at their MyTesla and see that your Referral is in there.

Doesn't plenty Tesla subsequently mucking up ... but would at least give you reassurance that the Referral was actually logged!!

Good luck using up 5,000 Supercharger miles in six months :)

Bjorn said (IIRC) that he had 70 referrals in that period - so 350,000 miles free supercharging ... but he gets 6 months PER referral - so he has 35 YEARS to use them all up !!

Thanks will ask the person that i used. I was intending to use them in the first 6 months (make the most of my freebie) :) i do 22k miles a year so that should look after the first 3 lol. But the bummer is that Leicester Forest East is not getting its SC yet as it seems to have stalled.

.....but he gets 6 months PER referral - so he has 35 YEARS to use them all up !!
I think everyone gets extended by 6 months if a new referral is made in the 6 month period after, at least that is my understanding of the text on Tesla's website.

"Free Supercharger miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account, and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. Each additional referral will extend the expiration date by 6 months."

I've made 2 referrals, one has been delivered, so 1k miles added to my account. Based on the above I assume the clock has already started ticking on the 1000 miles I've earned...... which is useless to me at the minute as my M3 hasn't been delivered and I don't own any other Tesla! Still.... fingers crossed for a Founders Series Roaster! :D

I was intending to use them in the first 6 months (make the most of my freebie)

Frequent DC charging impacts on battery health and Tesla have restricted Supercharging speed for cars which have been frequently Rapid DC Charged (not just Superchargers) to date. No idea if the M3 battery is immune to that though ...

5,000 miles on Economy-7 home charging is about £100 ... and instead of being tucked up in bed you will spend 17 hours parked at a Supercharger ... £5.88p per hour ...

Leicester Forest East is not getting its SC yet as it seems to have stalled.

Only thing I've heard about that one is that Permits were applied for (back in October 2017) - has construction started? Another case of greedy-landlord or Red Tape i reckon. Tesla may have given up on it - Permits will still sit there I guess.

I think everyone gets extended by 6 months

I read that as being applicable to any/all of the vehicles you own (on your MyTesla site), not to anyone else that you have introduced

Although ... no idea what happens if you have a mix of free Supercharger and non-free on the account. I've referred myself, back when it was 5,000 miles. So that would be 10,000 miles to use up on that account ....

Reactions: -DB-
Frequent DC charging impacts on battery health and Tesla have restricted Supercharging speed for cars which have been frequently Rapid DC Charged (not just Superchargers) to date. No idea if the M3 battery is immune to that though ...

5,000 miles on Economy-7 home charging is about £100 ... and instead of being tucked up in bed you will spend 17 hours parked at a Supercharger ... £5.88p per hour ...

Very true on battery life. Although i could take up washing cars while i wait and earn the £5.88 an hour to make up for it!

Only thing I've heard about that one is that Permits were applied for (back in October 2017) - has construction started? Another case of greedy-landlord or Red Tape i reckon. Tesla may have given up on it - Permits will still sit there I guess.

I has been rumoured that the company behind the new installation went into administration (Aug 2018) and is now in the hands of the Administrators.

Permits were applied for (back in October 2017) - has construction started? Another case of greedy-landlord or Red Tape i reckon.

This one is (Leicester Forest East) is more complex. It was planned as a Supercharger/battery co-location for mutual advantage- with a large grid connection and the battery primarily to make money in the power markets. Unfortunately, the battery investor (Camborne energy) went bust after the planning permission was granted.

That much is certain: additional issues speculated/rumoured are that the cable to be installed across the footbridge to power the northbound side from southbound may require closure of the M1 to do the work and they missed an opportunity when it was closed for other reasons; and reports that the whole service area may be closed/relocated as part of M1 improvement works.

Reactions: WannabeOwner
Frequent DC charging impacts on battery health

I'm about to sell my P85D. When I got it at c 7K mile and 10 months old a full charge was 243 miles. I've used SC for probably over 90% of the 30K miles I've done in 33 months and a full charge still gets me 238 miles.

The S.C. did mention about not supercharging all the time and I have to admit that I pretty much ignored them. I'm 15 miles from a SC retired and usually fit it into a trip of some sort.

Have to say that degradation has been minimal in my experience. As for battery health, I wouldn't know how else to judge that other than full charge capability.

I've used SC for probably over 90% of the 30K miles I've done

I don't know at what point the reduction kicks in, but it would have been a reduction in kW at the Supercharger. I think Bjorn said it was of the order of 10% longer to charge - so perhaps you might not have noticed it?

Or possibly 30K miles is not enough, seems a fairly modest mileage to me, but might not be to Tesla Supercharger throttling ... Bjorn must do about 100K a year ...

If you did get a reduction in Supercharger charge-rate then the fact that your battery health is good may be as a result of Tesla's pro-active battery management :)

As for battery health, I wouldn't know how else to judge that other than full charge capability.

TeslaFi has a graph - you can filter on charge percentage - e.g. only include 100% charges, or e.g. if you routinely charge to 90% then include all charges 91+%. That shows some Summer-gain/Winter-loss, a sharp decline initially (as s to be expected) and pretty level thereafter.

I don't know at what point the reduction kicks in, but it would have been a reduction in kW at the Supercharger. I think Bjorn said it was of the order of 10% longer to charge - so perhaps you might not have noticed it?

From the post I saw, which included the relevant section from the SC’s notes, the SuC throttling (i.e. reduction in kW draw rate) starts when the car has clocked up 2625 kWh of DC charging. Note this included all DC, not just Supercharging.

The throttling gradually increases until 13125 kWh of DC charging has clocked up, and then levels off.

I’m not sure what the throttle rates are but anecdotally it adds a few minutes to a typical 20-80% charge session.

Probably of little real world consequence to most of us.

starts when the car has clocked up 2625 kWh of DC charging ... gradually increases until 13125 kWh of DC charging

So starting from approx 7,875 miles of Supercharged range up to 40,000 Supercharger miles (or put another way: between 1 and 6 elapsed days sat at Supercharger ...)

Probably of little real world consequence to most of us.

Looks like it! Thanks for the info