TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Referral codes scheme - will it end?

Discussion in 'The UK and Ireland' started by hagrid_LDN, Aug 13, 2017.

1. hagrid_LDN

hagrid_LDN Member

Hello guys

One of the main reason I am thinking to order a Tesla sooner rather than later (plan was to wait Spring 2018) is that I am fearing that Elon will stop the free superchargers with referral code as they increase sales and overall with the launch of the Model 3.

Asked the sales guys and he indicated that possibly referral code bens will be offered till end of 2017.

Have you heard anything similar?

2. DJP31

DJP31 Member

Historically at the end of a current referral programme another one is launched offering the same benefits to new owners. I personally don't see that changing but anything is possible.

3. jareade

jareade Supporting Member

There is no question that the current referral code benefits will last through the end of the year. The current terms provide for that. However, this is the first cycle where free supercharging was included. At this point, we don't know whether free supercharging will continue after the end of this year. I would expect that referral codes for Models S and X will continue to provide a financial incentive into the future. But I would expect free supercharging to end - at least until Tesla determines whether it is necessary to sell the Models S and X - in which case perhaps it makes a comeback a la what happened this year.

I would expect no referral discount or free unlimited supercharging for a Model 3 purchase.