Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Referral Code Please [the one and only UK thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Moderator comment - thread merged from various threads requesting Tesla referral codes.

If you wish to use a Tesla referral code, either request here that someone sends you their code or, if someone has been helpful to you, you will normally find a referral code/link in that users user profile about section.

Users should respond to requests of a referral code by direct mail DM/PM. Posting of referral codes in public posts, including signatures, or publicly offering a referral code is against various forum rules. Posts of this nature will be deleted and the account may have access limited. There is one exception. You may post your referral code once in the following thread Tesla Referral Program

Have anyone actually used or got their free referral miles in the uk with the model 3? Its gone quiet and cannot find the thread which referred to the codes to use.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used a referral code when I ordered my car, and Tesla have confirmed that it worked, so I should have 5000 free miles when I get the car. The 5000 was an offer they did in May to boost sales. It’s now reverted to 1000 miles.

I don’t know if any UK owners who already have their car have got their free miles.

You definitely want to use a code when you order. I used someone who had been particularly helpful to me with advice before I ordered.

If you want to use a code off this forum, most folk have got their referral code listed on their forum profile page, under the Information tab.

Have seen some posts on FB of them being allocated and correctly deducted as used. Also know of someone that is still waiting their M3 but their American relative used their referral code. Car delivered in <48h and referral miles already showing up for the UK-based referrer! :p

I can see referrals tracking in my account, but won’t know until I get the car.
Yes, I am told you will not actually see it in place until you get your car. But, after a lot of trying I now have written confirmation from Delivery GB Team that I will get my [5000] miles [per the offer as at 1 May] for users of referral codes. If concerned, I would try to get such an email, which should settle the matter if your car comes and it is not showing.

I ordered on 1st May but Tesla's web site would not let me use a Referral Code. I added one by telephone and received a confirmatory email. I was more recently told by Tesla Heathrow that it was not recorded on my file, but they took a copy of their email and said they should be able to correct that.
I am assuming that my 5000 miles will start when I receive my car and not from when I ordered it!

I tried to add one retrospectively by phone within a day or so of ordering and then by email but the request was rejected, latter took best part of a month to be answered. Another example of Tesla inconsistencies.

Has I known what I know now, I would have cancelled my order and started a fresh, adding FSD and tow at the same time, rather than adding them separately to original order. Tbh, I wasted enough time on it so gave up bothering in the end with it. 5k miles would have been nice to have, but I think I heard that they were time limited? 1k miles, not worth the fuss to me. Even having to pay SC fees, still cheaper than diesel.

I tried to add one retrospectively by phone within a day or so of ordering and then by email but the request was rejected, latter took best part of a month to be answered. Another example of Tesla inconsistencies.

Has I known what I know now, I would have cancelled my order and started a fresh, adding FSD and tow at the same time, rather than adding them separately to original order. Tbh, I wasted enough time on it so gave up bothering in the end with it. 5k miles would have been nice to have, but I think I heard that they were time limited? 1k miles, not worth the fuss to me. Even having to pay SC fees, still cheaper than diesel.

6 months time limit I believe, which for me makes it a waste of time. I use SuC charging maybe a couple of times a month, so 5k miles of free SuC would potentially last me the lifetime of the car. So I expect I'll get a few hundred miles out of mine before it expires after the first 6 months. However, if you give another referral in that time it does at least extend the use for another 6 months I believe.

6 months time limit I believe, which for me makes it a waste of time. I use SuC charging maybe a couple of times a month, so 5k miles of free SuC would potentially last me the lifetime of the car. So I expect I'll get a few hundred miles out of mine before it expires after the first 6 months. However, if you give another referral in that time it does at least extend the use for another 6 months I believe.
If you get another referral it will extend the timeframe another 6 months. For me that is a bigger deal than 5000 vs. 1000 miles.

I had a Great Britain referral that went through. An 1800 mile summer trip had zero charging expenses.

I looked at my Tesla account today for the first time for a while and to my surprise see that someone has ordered using my referral code! The only information is the first name of the person, which is Ian. I'm sure it's the "done thing" for me to say thanks for using my code but I don't recall specific interaction with Ian and I don't have any contact details for him. I'm not a social media user generally so my code hasn't been publicised very much beyond my profile on the forum here. Once in a blue moon I might comment on a Youtube thing so that's another route I suppose. Anyway, Ian (wherever you are) thanks very much ... you've made my day!

Speaking for myself, though I had heard about referral codes and had planned to use one I got all over excited when putting in my order and forgot to include it! I contacted Tesla after the order was in but they wouldn't take one after the order had gone through.

Reactions: stonecoldrmw