Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Credits?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I've kicked off about the significant delays to my Powerwall 2 referral prize. They've explained the Puerto Rico problems caused the delays.

However they've offered to convert this prize into referral credits to be used at my Service Centre etc. Although they give me no explanation as to what these credit are worth etc, or how many I would get for a Powerwall 2 equivalent.

Does anyone on here know what they are before I await their reply?

Cheers.

Also it’s clear from the latest earnings call that the powerwall line was mostly shut down to divert resources to model 3 cell production. PR was an initial catalyst but not current cause for 12-18 month estimate that I received.

In the past, these were able to be used for purchases in the online store, service costs, and vehicle upgrades. I think past conversions were worth $5,500 USD but I could be misremembering.

How did you get them to offer credits? I have a Powerwallr referall that I'd like to convert to credits.

I believe they have let people in Canada and Europe use their referrals as credits. I also believe some people in the US have done that but it appears they no longer offer that option in the US. I have been asking for a year to use my powerwall award as a credit on my model 3 purchase. No luck.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn
I asked them for more details (ie amount and what they can be used for) still no reply.

I also asked if I could swap the PW2 for EA but they ignored that part!

I’ll post what they send me.

I had been waiting for my Powerwall referral award dating back to the original first generation Powerwall referral offer (Nov 2015). At the time, I was given a choice of either receiving a $3,500 credit to use on a new Model S/X purchase, but I chose the Powerwall. When Tesla updated to the Powerwall 2, I was told my referral award could be used for a Powerwall 2 when they eventually became available in my area. I repeatedly asked for updates over the next couple of years (usually not receiving a response), and then finally a couple of months ago someone from the referral program said I would not be able to qualify for the full Powerwall 2 award since my original offer was for the original Powerwall (which wasn't available to me at the time), but I decided not to press the point because they told me the $3,500 credit could be used for my upcoming Model 3 purchase (or really anything, including service visits, accessories, etc.), which is more valuable to me than receiving a Powerwall 2 (I don't feel a big need for he Powerwall 2 since we only pay a nominal monthly connection charge to the local utility company of around $10 based upon usage of our solar PV system). Just thought I'd share my story in case there are any other folks out there who might have an interest in using their Powerwall referral award to receive a credit on a Model 3 purchase instead.

Reactions: Foxyboy
I got the option to switch the Powerwall for a 6300€ credit towards purchase of new car or service, which I did as I don't need a Powerwall. I'm in Belgium, the exact amount apparently varies per currency unit.

This referral round the 5th reward is also for a powerwall, and it is also stated you can exchange it for 6300€ credit.

Ok so they've replied and offered me £5,500 in referral credits. I can use this against EA which is £5,700 (so I just pay the additional £200).

Question is........do I spank the full lot on EA, which I will only use on rare long journeys (I've never really thought about paying for it as it's just too much) or do I use the £5,500 against servicing and accessories for my MS (what accessories are there?). I suppose I could use it for tyres?

Does EA actually increase the value of the car when I come to sell it? What would you guys do?

Ok so they've replied and offered me £5,500 in referral credits. I can use this against EA which is £5,700 (so I just pay the additional £200).

Question is........do I spank the full lot on EA, which I will only use on rare long journeys (I've never really thought about paying for it as it's just too much) or do I use the £5,500 against servicing and accessories for my MS (what accessories are there?). I suppose I could use it for tyres?

Does EA actually increase the value of the car when I come to sell it? What would you guys do?

Interesting. I plan on keeping my PW2 when it finally arrives (early 2019 hopefully) but I know there are quite a few folks on the owners group who are in your position & do not want it. With your permission, can I pass this info along using TOGUK on Facebook?

As for EAP ... I have it & wouldn't be without it. It gives me Traffic Aware Cruise Control instead of basic cruise control & when motorways & A roads are quieter I hand over to it to do the mundane stuff while I concentrate on whether there's a loony going to do something silly. On A roads (note it's not actually officially sanctioned for use on A roads but I use it, keep the speed down & am aware of the risks) it has good & bad days (like all of us), sometimes gets spooked by shadows & sometimes tries to follow the kerb down a side road. Hands always need to be on - light touch on motorway & definite firm hold if you decide, like me, to beta on A roads. I personally wouldn't buy a Tesla without it since it's such a large part of a Tesla being a Tesla, so yes I think not having it will affect your resale value, depends when/whether you plan selling though.