Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral | Founder Series Powerwall 2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So 2 years is the lead time? I received my reward email back in November 2017 and still have not got "the call". A little frustrating since I installed a solar roof in anticipation of the battery back in January 2018. Still love the solar, but would love the battery more with Hurricane Dorian rapidly approaching.

• Funny
Reactions: Nosken
So 2 years is the lead time? I received my reward email back in November 2017 and still have not got "the call". A little frustrating since I installed a solar roof in anticipation of the battery back in January 2018. Still love the solar, but would love the battery more with Hurricane Dorian rapidly approaching.
I was told that I’d hear something by the end of the year. o_O

I received notifications today, but it seems that it’s my responsibility to get the powerwall installed. Is this normal? I’ve posted most of the email below:

Thank you for being a Tesla ambassador and helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. You have earned a Tesla Founder Series Powerwall through our referral program.

Tesla does not currently have enough installation operations in your area to install your equipment in a timely manner. We can ship the Powerwall unit and Gateway supporting hardware directly to your home at no additional cost. This will require you to take on the system design, installation, and permitting responsibilities. We recommend using licensed electrical contractors to do this work and can support them with install training materials. We will also provide a $1,000 credit towards your installation, which may range from $2,500 - $4,500.

I received notifications today, but it seems that it’s my responsibility to get the powerwall installed. Is this normal? I’ve posted most of the email below:

Thank you for being a Tesla ambassador and helping to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. You have earned a Tesla Founder Series Powerwall through our referral program.

Tesla does not currently have enough installation operations in your area to install your equipment in a timely manner. We can ship the Powerwall unit and Gateway supporting hardware directly to your home at no additional cost. This will require you to take on the system design, installation, and permitting responsibilities. We recommend using licensed electrical contractors to do this work and can support them with install training materials. We will also provide a $1,000 credit towards your installation, which may range from $2,500 - $4,500.
It isn't normal. Didn't they offer you a credit instead? You could probably sell it too.

Same. I have two awards so wasn't sure if it was for one of them or both. I have a second location in NoCal so I reached out to the referral program if they can install it there instead.

I received this email today as well. I’m not sure what, if anything, I’m going to do with it. No solar, no TOU, $0.07/KWh, and 90% hydro, 10% nuclear power, and we rarely have outages. There just doesn’t seem to be any good reason to waste the resources. Tesla doesn’t install in this area, probably because of those reasons.

Same. I have two awards so wasn't sure if it was for one of them or both. I have a second location in NoCal so I reached out to the referral program if they can install it there instead.
I am in Northern California, near Sacramento, and I got the same message about no local installers. I live only 10 miles from the Rocklin California store.

Last edited:
I received this email today as well. I’m not sure what, if anything, I’m going to do with it. No solar, no TOU, $0.07/KWh, and 90% hydro, 10% nuclear power, and we rarely have outages. There just doesn’t seem to be any good reason to waste the resources. Tesla doesn’t install in this area, probably because of those reasons.

The Tri-cities are is blessed with a lot of power options. Nice to have the Columbia and Snake rivers, and the cheap power from the dams. Plus a lot of sunshine for solar.

Reactions: ReddyLeaf
I was scheduled for my founders series install on May 29. Received a call yesterday to move up and install completed today! Two man crew that came in from New Mexico. They were awesome!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.26.32 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-12 at 9.26.32 PM.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 103
Reactions: Flyguy and pdxgibby

I got the same on the east coast. It seems to me like a cost savings move. They’ll provide a $1000 credit and save $1500-$3500 on installation fees.