TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Referral: How soon do you get award?

Discussion in 'Tesla, Inc.' started by Frank the Tank, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Frank the Tank

My referral got their car delivered in early July. I'm wondering how soon I can get the kid series model s. When I tap on my awards in the app, it shows "there was an error retrieving award details." Any ideas? I tried emailing Tesla and have not received a reply.

2. scaesare

scaesare Well-Known Member

I'm in a similar boat, with some friends I referred getting their car about a month ago too.

In my account, the referral shows up as "delivered" and I see a black charger as an option for the reward, but no way to "redeem" the referral. My email has also gone unanswered...

3. hacer

hacer Member

I couldn't figure out how to chose the reward on Tesla's website either, but with the loot-box in the phone app it's very simple. I selected the award about a month ago, haven't heard anything more since.

4. scaesare

Ah thanks...

I've looked there too, and although it shows I have one referral, I don't see any way to select or redeem it.

Am I looking the reward info page wrong and do I need MORE than one?:

5. pkodali

pkodali Member

Did your referral already take delivery? If so, you should be able to order it from the app

6. scaesare

Yes, it shows as "Delivered" with a June 2018 date in the app, but no way I can figure out to order :(

7. hacer

hacer Member

#7 hacer, Aug 4, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2018
    Maybe you need to update the app? On an iPhone it's pretty obvious. Now that I chose the award, it's visible under the "MY AWARDS" button when you scroll to the bottom. That button may have said something different before I selected the award. You definitely only need one delivered referal. That's all that I have and it let me choose the signature charger and provide a shipping address.

Edit:
    Maybe I tapped on the "i" inside the circle describing the "next award" to order it. I can't remember, but it didn't take long at all with the phone app. I tried a lot longer and harder on the website and made no progress.

8. scaesare

App is updated to latest, and no awards buttons, and nothing tappable on the referral page:
    app.png

9. pkodali

pkodali Member

You should remove the picture and black out the name

• Like x 1
  10. hacer

hacer Member

Any chance that just above "choose either ..." is a text button? Your screen looks different from what I see on my iPhone: loot.jpg
    Also for some reason my referral saves more CO2 than yours does!

11. scaesare

Nope... I've tapped everywhere.

12. MOD_S_UK

MOD_S_UK New Member

I’m having same issue.
    Referred order delivered on June 28th, logged in app, but no clear way to order prize/award

I’m assuming it will appear in the “ my awards” section?

Attached Files:

13. CotswoldSara

CotswoldSara Member

Usually you get an email when you can redeem your reward, goes to the registered MyTesla email address & can be a good few weeks after delivery of referred vehicle. I get the feeling it's maybe a bit of a manual process & they get done in batches. The emails I received contained instructions on how to accept & redeem rewards (I think from memory). In the app you can go into My Awards to monitor progress of rewards or fill in details required like an address. I think I've done a mixture of both for my referrals i.e. some were just an email - mini-Tesla & wall connector - others came through the app - wheels & PW2. I think this is because My Awards was broken for a good while on my app (Android) for whatever reason. Seems to be all working now though :)