Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral: How soon do you get award?

Feb 19, 2013
Bay Area, CA
My referral got their car delivered in early July. I'm wondering how soon I can get the kid series model s. When I tap on my awards in the app, it shows "there was an error retrieving award details." Any ideas? I tried emailing Tesla and have not received a reply.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
I'm in a similar boat, with some friends I referred getting their car about a month ago too.

In my account, the referral shows up as "delivered" and I see a black charger as an option for the reward, but no way to "redeem" the referral. My email has also gone unanswered...

hacer

Apr 13, 2016
Clarksville, MD
I'm in a similar boat, with some friends I referred getting their car about a month ago too.

In my account, the referral shows up as "delivered" and I see a black charger as an option for the reward, but no way to "redeem" the referral. My email has also gone unanswered...
I couldn't figure out how to chose the reward on Tesla's website either, but with the loot-box in the phone app it's very simple. I selected the award about a month ago, haven't heard anything more since.

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
I couldn't figure out how to chose the reward on Tesla's website either, but with the loot-box in the phone app it's very simple. I selected the award about a month ago, haven't heard anything more since.
Ah thanks...

I've looked there too, and although it shows I have one referral, I don't see any way to select or redeem it.

Am I looking the reward info page wrong and do I need MORE than one?:

1 to 2 Qualifying Referrals:
Owners can choose either of the options below for each of their first and second referrals.

• Signature Black Wall Connector
    This matte black Wall Connector is exclusive to the Referral Program and includes an etch of Elon’s signature. This award will start shipping in July 2018.
  • Founders Series Tesla Model S for Kids
    Share the Tesla experience with your kids, with this miniature drivable electric Model S – including working headlights, a sound system, and a charge port, just like yours.

pkodali

Oct 22, 2017
Sacramento
Ah thanks...

I've looked there too, and although it shows I have one referral, I don't see any way to select or redeem it.

Am I looking the reward info page wrong and do I need MORE than one?:
Did your referral already take delivery? If so, you should be able to order it from the app

hacer

Apr 13, 2016
Clarksville, MD
Yes, it shows as "Delivered" with a June 2018 date in the app, but no way I can figure out to order :(
Maybe you need to update the app? On an iPhone it's pretty obvious. Now that I chose the award, it's visible under the "MY AWARDS" button when you scroll to the bottom. That button may have said something different before I selected the award. You definitely only need one delivered referal. That's all that I have and it let me choose the signature charger and provide a shipping address.

Edit:
Maybe I tapped on the "i" inside the circle describing the "next award" to order it. I can't remember, but it didn't take long at all with the phone app. I tried a lot longer and harder on the website and made no progress.

Last edited:

scaesare

Mar 14, 2013
NoVA
Maybe you need to update the app? On an iPhone it's pretty obvious. Now that I chose the award, it's visible under the "MY AWARDS" button when you scroll to the bottom. That button may have said something different before I selected the award. You definitely only need one delivered referal. That's all that I have and it let me choose the signature charger and provide a shipping address.

Edit:
Maybe I tapped on the "i" inside the circle describing the "next award" to order it. I can't remember, but it didn't take long at all with the phone app. I tried a lot longer and harder on the website and made no progress.
App is updated to latest, and no awards buttons, and nothing tappable on the referral page:
app.png

MOD_S_UK

Jun 24, 2018
United Kingdom
I’m having same issue.
Referred order delivered on June 28th, logged in app, but no clear way to order prize/award

I’m assuming it will appear in the “ my awards” section?

Attachments

• A2A7FC35-B0C5-41AA-A0EB-A76EE467EA24.png
    A2A7FC35-B0C5-41AA-A0EB-A76EE467EA24.png
    18.4 KB · Views: 24

CotswoldSara

Sep 25, 2017
Maisemore, UK
Usually you get an email when you can redeem your reward, goes to the registered MyTesla email address & can be a good few weeks after delivery of referred vehicle. I get the feeling it's maybe a bit of a manual process & they get done in batches. The emails I received contained instructions on how to accept & redeem rewards (I think from memory). In the app you can go into My Awards to monitor progress of rewards or fill in details required like an address. I think I've done a mixture of both for my referrals i.e. some were just an email - mini-Tesla & wall connector - others came through the app - wheels & PW2. I think this is because My Awards was broken for a good while on my app (Android) for whatever reason. Seems to be all working now though :)

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC