Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Incentive: Free Battery Pack Swap Coupons

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After battery pack swap demo at Hawthrone, CA design studio on Thursday, I thought back to the referral incentive topic discussed back during shareholder meeting. Perhaps, giving five roundtrip (10) coupons of battery pack swap would be pretty amazing. If it costs $60-80 per swap, the incentive would worth $600-800, which is in par with kevin99 idea of free 1-year servicing. It also help test and push the swapping platform and technology, at least it gives the "naysayer" a chance to give it a try/go for free. What do you guys think?

Welcome to the forum. Where is Karundeng?

I think it's a great idea, though maybe I wouldn't give that many coupons. Do you let people sell coupons they don't use?

Roadster owners that referred other customers used to get a free HPC. This was great since many then donated those to help build out a publicly accessible charging network.

Like I said, they already had a referral program for the Roadster. So that part they have (or at least had) figured out. The "coupon" bit would likely have to evolve to something else since I assume the swap stations would identify you somehow by the car or the battery pack.