TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Referral Incentive: Free Battery Pack Swap Coupons

Discussion in 'Tesla Motors' started by Maknyuzz, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Maknyuzz

Maknyuzz Member

After battery pack swap demo at Hawthrone, CA design studio on Thursday, I thought back to the referral incentive topic discussed back during shareholder meeting. Perhaps, giving five roundtrip (10) coupons of battery pack swap would be pretty amazing. If it costs $60-80 per swap, the incentive would worth $600-800, which is in par with kevin99 idea of free 1-year servicing. It also help test and push the swapping platform and technology, at least it gives the "naysayer" a chance to give it a try/go for free. What do you guys think?

2. Citizen-T

Citizen-T Active Member

Wait a second...I Love that idea!

Sent from my Droid RAZR using Tapatalk 2.

3. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Where is Karundeng?

I think it's a great idea, though maybe I wouldn't give that many coupons. Do you let people sell coupons they don't use?

Roadster owners that referred other customers used to get a free HPC. This was great since many then donated those to help build out a publicly accessible charging network.

4. Mayhemm

Mayhemm Model S P85+ "Lola"

So, how would that work?

Would there be a "referred by" box on the paperwork somewhere? Then Tesla mails you out the coupons?

5. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

Like I said, they already had a referral program for the Roadster. So that part they have (or at least had) figured out. The "coupon" bit would likely have to evolve to something else since I assume the swap stations would identify you somehow by the car or the battery pack.