Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral km's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There'a an expiry of 6 month. so considering now it's almost mid april, mid-October 2019 owners' miles should be expiring.
"Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, the expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months."​
Link: Referral Program
Under: Limits

Wow! No one told me that when I bought the car. Sales rep just said you get 1500km because you were referred by a friend.
I most certainly would have used them had I known they would go away.
It’s there in the website information about the referral kilometres.

• Eligible purchases of a new or leased Model S, Model X or Model 3:
    • Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account and will expire 6 months after the miles are added. If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, the expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.

• Referral Program

Last edited:
The miles used to show up in the app. Now nothing there. But my miles shouldn’t have expired till June. If you have 2 referrals they are supposed to last 1y no? I thought they were additive?

The kilometres are added.

The time is extended by six months at the time the new kilometres are credited.

Six months are not added on to the original six month expiry date unless the previously earned credits have all been used.

• Eligible purchases of a new or leased Model S, Model X or Model 3:
    • Free Supercharging miles will apply to any vehicles on the same account and will expire 6 months after the miles are added.
    • If all mileage on an account is used before expiration, the expiration date for the next referral is reset to 6 months.

Referral Program

Yes, mine too. They expire at the end of May, which is longer than promised to begin with (I bought last August). I don't think I'm going to be doing any road trips between now and then, unfortunately.

I complained to a Tesla agent a couple of days ago and told her that they should at least have a warning on the app saying when the KM expire. The agent said that was a great idea and asked me to email the program director about it. I did.

Maybe that had nothing to do with the outcome. Who knows...

Ha.. this threads timely. hard to believe almost a year has gone by. I’ve been sitting on over 22,000 free supercharging km since I bought and got referrals in June 2019. in almost a year I’ve Only supercharged three times! Account now says they expire end of May. Ah well, free road trip would have been fun. I better go for a drive this week? Was thinking of trying harder to get more referrals and extend the Credits but after using it so little seems like a waste of effort...

Reactions: Imafrog
Gotta love this company, referral km's that were suppose to expire after 6 months are still hanging around after about a year. Not really a surprise when all of a sudden they disappear, then I think someone suggests that it's a "sugar" time to take them away when everyone is depressed and socially isolating. Bingo the km's return but expire 5/30, thanks Elon I'm going for a drive and now just noticed they will be expiring 6/30, so if the border opens before then I'm burning a hole lotta miles down south (safe south Montana) with no stops in WA or ID. Well I guess to charge but with nitrile gloves.

Reactions: X.l.r.8