Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Link or no?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Haven't seen anyone in Canada mentioning yet, but are we allowed to post a referral link for the new program?

If this is not cool, mods delete please!

<SNIP>

Also, not sure if anyone thought of this....Get the first 10 referrals in NA to get the free X, then raffle between the 11 people to see who keeps it, plus they all save $1,000 and the referrer gets $10,000 credit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a few forum signatures with referral links since the announcement. I personally don't care who posts one in their signature.

However, "gaming" the system was specifically called out by Musk in the announcement, so I'd try to avoid suggestions of that here on TMC, we need to "stay above the fray".

Haven't seen anyone in Canada mentioning yet, but are we allowed to post a referral link for the new program?

If this is not cool, mods delete please!

<SNIP>

Also, not sure if anyone thought of this....Get the first 10 referrals in NA to get the free X, then raffle between the 11 people to see who keeps it, plus they all save $1,000 and the referrer gets $10,000 credit.
Not sure why you posted this. Did you get the email? I assumed it was only for the U.S.

Last edited by a moderator:
My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something here.

So, a current Tesla owner can get some money for getting someone to use their link as a referral.

If I am to spend so much money on a premium auto, giving a bonus to a perfect stranger doesn't sit well with me. Why not flip it around and give the bonus to the person buying the car if they were referred by a current Tesla owner? :)

EDIT: I see now that the purchaser also gets the bonus. In that case, I would be inclined to try and get a link from Bjorn Nyland whom I've never met. His videos actually convinced me to get a Tesla.

Last edited:
My apologies if I'm misunderstanding something here.

So, a current Tesla owner can get some money for getting someone to use their link as a referral.

If I am to spend so much money on a premium auto, giving a bonus to a perfect stranger doesn't sit well with me. Why not flip it around and give the bonus to the person buying the car if they were referred by a current Tesla owner? :)

EDIT: I see now that the purchaser also gets the bonus. In that case, I would be inclined to try and get a link from Bjorn Nyland whom I've never met. His videos actually convinced me to get a Tesla.

Good logic.... KmanAuto from Wisconsin is the other great YouTuber.