Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Prizes - Where is my wall connector?

Markk993

May 16, 2016
Las Vegas
I got a referral in October and opted for the wall connector..

The referral took their delivery in Mid -December
At the time the program said that the HPWC would start shipping out in January
I got the referral email on 1/2/18 and redeemed it the next day. (Jan 3rd)
Then the update came that the HPWC would now start shipping in March
On or about March 25th my phone App updated and said shipping would begin in May
About a week later my app now says that it will start shipping in June...

I asked someone at Tesla and they could not give me a solid answer. One person said that they were waiting for this incarnation of the program to end so they know how many they need. Not sure I buy that one..

So in short where the %$#% is my wall connector?????

Does anyone know the real reason?

It is making charging life more complicated than it needs to be...

thanks

ianofury

Dec 4, 2017
USA
I got the same story but hadn’t heard about the push to June yet. I’d be happy to get the regular wall charger, just to have it, instead of the signature black.

Markk993

May 16, 2016
Las Vegas
let him sign but they knew they were giving these out last September...

Ianofury... check the app on your phone and it gives you referral prize updates...

I also think it is a god idea to at least offer the standard one to those that are waiting on the wall connector to charge at home in a reasonable fashion.

f3honda4me

Feb 22, 2018
Colgate, WI
seriously does anyone know the real reason it takes 6-8 months to get a wall connector?
I’m assuming because it’s the “special” finish. I ordered a new regular one Monday, and received it fedex priority overnight today. Maybe they could let people opt in for the standard one instead of the signature one.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
I'm gifting mine to my daughter, who won't take delivery of her Model 3 until later this year ... but it seems reasonable to ask for a non-signature one to be substituted if you need it installed for charging now.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC