Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Program Changes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received this via email:

We’re updating our Referral Program. As a Tesla owner, you can continue to give five friends free, unlimited Supercharging with a new Model S or Model X.

In addition, the first friend you refer before April 30 will also receive a $500 credit toward Tesla service or accessories. And every time a friend signs up for the Tesla newsletter with your referral link, you’ll both get an entry to race the Tesla Semi around our test track.

It appears the rewards for referral remain unchanged.

That $500 “first friend” clause should prove frustrating for those in pursuit of Arachnids or a Powerwall. After referring your first friend, your next friend is now motivated to take her referral from your first friend. You no longer have the $500, but your first friend still does.

That seems like a material change in the terms.

That $500 “first friend” clause should prove frustrating for those in pursuit of Arachnids or a Powerwall. After referring your first friend, your next friend is now motivated to take her referral from your first friend. You no longer have the $500, but your first friend still does.

I'm not sure that the 'next friend' will have a referral code until they take delivery.

If the next friend is truly a "friend", you really would have to tell him to get the referral code from someone else who has not referred anyone yet. Can you use referral code for yourself for a 2nd MS/MX? If so, do you get both a Black WC and $500?

Not sure what you mean by reservation for an S, but in my case it was as soon as I forked out the $2,500.

Same here with the MX, got access to the Tesla Account with a referral link pretty much the evening after I ordered (with the non-refundable $2500 deposit). But does anyone knows if you could refer yourself and get both side of the benefits (Black WC and $500)? Or refer your spouse with the same home address?

Same here with the MX, got access to the Tesla Account with a referral link pretty much the evening after I ordered (with the non-refundable $2500 deposit). But does anyone knows if you could refer yourself and get both side of the benefits (Black WC and $500)? Or refer your spouse with the same home address?

Don't know why you couldn't. You always were able to refer yourself when it was a $1,000 discount plus free supercharging.

• Informative
Reactions: Need
In the past the count has reset as the previous program ended. Eventually the MyTesla page was updated with stats for the current program and you could click on the link to see stats from previous programs. As of right now it still shows stats from the program that just ended.

Do you see the 4th one included on the counter on your page?

MyTesla says I`ve got one referred and two delivered. Same as the app.
If I click "previous programs it shows the one that lasted until june 2017 (and the ones before).

The app shows the new terms (4.000NOK rebate to the first referral) and end date april 30th.

Next award still says Founders series powerwall 2.

In the past the count has reset as the previous program ended. Eventually the MyTesla page was updated with stats for the current program and you could click on the link to see stats from previous programs. As of right now it still shows stats from the program that just ended.

Just received an update from Teslas referral team. The program did not end/reset February 1st.

My three referrals since last fall still count and a new one now before April will count as fourth in line.

Reactions: Duffer