Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral program ending for good

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Oh if only there were as many Tesla stores as there are Apple. But if you say it the other way it works. Like when Apple started out and if there was an Apple store in a mall there was likely a Gap (that's where they got employees), and oddly, MAC cosmetics.

I wonder if the killing of free Supercharging is going to goose the cost of buying a used Unicorn or was the price already baked in.

-Randy

Ours is a working car, we Uber drive. We have taken literally over 5,000 people for a ride in our Tesla. We have handed out many hundreds of referral cards to people who say they're about to buy one. The Seattle rap who is also a member of the Seattle EV Association has said that they get a minimum of four to six people a day at their office who say they are there because they rode in an Uber Tesla. We have received exactly zero referrals. I'm pretty sure that what other people say is true, the sales people at the Tesla place are using their friend's referral codes when somebody comes in. I think the program is so deeply flawed that they need to do something with it. I do think they need a referral program though.

Exactly. How many employees will now quit because they foresee they will have a different lifestyle.

Exactly. How many employees will now quit because they foresee they will have a different lifestyle.

Having been one in the past I can say with absolute confidence that salespeople are a dime a dozen. Tesla can easily replace any that might quit, and frankly I think we'd want them to go. Who wants to have somebody who's buying favors from their friends at your expense? This might be a good thing. Still, it would have been nice to have gotten some benefits for all that effort! Don't get me wrong, I love Tesla, I love my car. I'd just like to see some of the things improved.

The question is do I have to use the referrals I have before they shut the program down at the end of the month ( I have two, so that’s like 1/100 of a roadster, or I can get a wall charger)
Unless you hear otherwise from Tesla, the prudent thing to do would be to get a reward before the end of the month. I would assume you would be able to still pick rewards after the end of this month, but why take the chance.

Odds are the wall charger will be more valuable to you than a 1% discount on a $250,000 car. If you don't need it, just sell it for a few hundred bucks.

This is as good a thread in which to post these two questions as any....I hope.

1. Has anyone reading this used their awards to order either the 20"or 22" wheel prize.....and gotten a loooong "Processing" Status? I ordered mine some ten days ago or more, and am hoping that I'm not in some kind of limbo.
  2. "Racing the Tesla Semi": What could it mean that my name/referral code!!!! has to its left "500+", and is at the top of the list of "Last Winner"? Could it possibly mean what I dare not to think?????? OR does it mean that I'm somewhere south of 500th place (I fear that is more likely.....:()

This is as good a thread in which to post these two questions as any....I hope.

1. Has anyone reading this used their awards to order either the 20"or 22" wheel prize.....and gotten a loooong "Processing" Status? I ordered mine some ten days ago or more, and am hoping that I'm not in some kind of limbo.
  2. "Racing the Tesla Semi": What could it mean that my name/referral code!!!! has to its left "500+", and is at the top of the list of "Last Winner"? Could it possibly mean what I dare not to think?????? OR does it mean that I'm somewhere south of 500th place (I fear that is more likely.....:()
Well - I also am on the top of the race the semi list. Also with 500+

See you there :)

I’ve also wondered for a long time the net value of this program for Tesla. Seems they woke up to it being a net negative. Good for them.

Whether free Roadsters or Free Supercharging, I hope they curtail any and all of these things so as to remain financially viable. There’s little point having a bunch of promises and commitments from a company that is bankrupt and without Tesla the EV landscape would be a desert.