Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Program Prizes, July 15, 2016 (Did you get yours?)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone received the referral program prizes for the period ending July 15, 2016? That's the one that was set up like this:

1. No prize
2. Weekender bag to match your car
3. Owner's jacket
4. Invitation to Gigafactory opening event
5. Arachnid wheels and tires

I got asked about 2 and 3, so I assume I will get them. Someday.

I did not get asked about 5, so I assume one of my buyers backed out and I will not get them. I can only assume though.

I did get 1 and 4.

Thanks, guys. I emailed Tesla once a week for the past five weeks at different email addresses because I want to see if they'll downgrade my Arachnid wheels to 19" with winter tires. The arachnids are cool, but inappropriate for Michigan. No answer. I haven't completed the survey they sent out requesting colors and preferences for prizes, but when I clicked the survey link last week it just says "You already completed this survey." I'm starting to get a little annoyed at the lack of responses from Tesla on this. If they don't want to make an exception, that's fine; I wish they would just say so.

Thanks, guys. I emailed Tesla once a week for the past five weeks at different email addresses because I want to see if they'll downgrade my Arachnid wheels to 19" with winter tires. The arachnids are cool, but inappropriate for Michigan. No answer. I haven't completed the survey they sent out requesting colors and preferences for prizes, but when I clicked the survey link last week it just says "You already completed this survey." I'm starting to get a little annoyed at the lack of responses from Tesla on this. If they don't want to make an exception, that's fine; I wish they would just say so.

I contacted the sale number and waiting for an rep and thats when I got the most information which was still nothing. Glad to hear I am not the only owner waiting for their referral prizes. I hit 5 last time around and then just hit 10 now.

I haven't got my prizes either from the July 15th program. I got five referrals like Chads, but Tesla told me I don't qualify for the wheels since one of my referrals cancelled. That doesn't seem fair since it was impossible to get more than 5 and I had no control that someone backed out. Since I got to 5, two weeks before the end of the program I could have gotten more if they had not made the link void after you received 5. Oh well, hopefully I will get the wheels this time around since I have 7 now and am going to order me a new Model S before the end of this program making it 8.

I have a question re. how to apply referrals.

In my case, I have 3 referrals: can I select a week-ender bag and "waste" one referral or do I have to take the owner's jacket? Also, would I be able to "gift" my unused referral to someone else if I don't have to take the jacket? I am assuming no for the latter, but thought I would check.

I have a question re. how to apply referrals.

In my case, I have 3 referrals: can I select a week-ender bag and "waste" one referral or do I have to take the owner's jacket? Also, would I be able to "gift" my unused referral to someone else if I don't have to take the jacket? I am assuming no for the latter, but thought I would check.

The prizes are cumulative, so you'll get a weekender bag and a jacket whether you want them or not. :)

Ugh. I never thought I would be upset at someone for giving me that 3rd referral...so...for the win: if I get 4, can I get 2 bags (ie 2x2) or am I stuck with a jacket plus a wasted referral? (3+1). I am guessing it's the latter?

Alternatively and to take care of my 1st world problem, if someone wants to use my link to get me 2 more referrals, then I could get a shiny set of wheels and live happily ever after.

Any takers? frederic/7801 (hey, no harm in asking, right?) :)

I just re-read the prize designations on My Tesla, and yes, you're correct. Each referral gets you an entry in the drawing to win a Model X, so no referrals are really "wasted" in that sense. But beyond that, 2 gets you the bag, 3 gets you the jacket (and bag), 4 is "wasted", and 5 is the wheels (and jacket and bag). As far as I know you can't get two bags for four referrals, but it might be worth asking. The bags aren't that expensive for Tesla to provide to prize winners and it does kind of seem fair to give you two bags for four referrals (and no jacket) if that's what you prefer. I suspect doing that would make things confusing for the prize administrators and they might not do it, but as you said about your code, no harm in asking.

Has anyone in recent months received any of their prizes for the referrals ending on July 15th, 2016 and then on October 15th? I'm still waiting for something as I would imagine deliveries for the July 15th referral would have already occurred.

When I was down at my local Dublin service center today, the service manager showed me the first set of Arachnid wheels and Pilot SS tires delivered through the referral program, ready to install on a referral winner. They look pretty nice. There is hope that these wheels (and other program gifts) will soon flow to worthy recipients. Patience….