Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Program Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I didn't realize that you only need one referral for the $500 black wall connector. I was planning on buying the non-black version until I realized this.

The only issue is I dont really have a wide platform to share my code. I wanted to ask, is there a rule against giving the future S/X/Performance 3 buyer money for the referral? AKA I offer them $100 for them to use my code? If this is against the rules I wont do it, I just figured its worth a shot since its a win-win. The buyer gets extra cash and I essentially get $400 off the wall connector I was planning to buy.

• Disagree
Reactions: gambit48
it's all spelled out here:

Referral Program

Specifically under "Good Faith" it says:

upload_2018-8-17_8-6-5.png

That said though, I still see people selling there referral codes all over craigslist so not sure how they enforce this.

• Informative
Reactions: lupend88
"selling referral codes is not appropriate, and we will not honor such codes"

Thank you for that. Bummer for me, but I totally understand. I feel like as a potential S/X/Performance 3 buyer, what incentivizes you to choose one code over the other?

Who do you know and like best? Some youtubers have an amazing amount of referrals since they share them with their full audience

Feel free to ask me for mine :)

Sorry I should have been more specific with my post. I'm not a potential S/X/Performance 3 buyer myself (I took delivery of a LR Model 3 a few months ago). I was just asking hypothetically where most of these buyers turn for a referral code. I guess youtubers make the most sense- but what about the large chunk of older owners that dont necessarily use youtube all the time?

If you can attend a few car shows over the summer that might help. I generally rave about my car at every given opportunity ... if you're supercharging let non-owners have a look & chat to them, if they express an interest; attend car shows & display your car, let folks look around & show them how it works, if they express an interest in getting a test drive give them your referral code & explain the current benefit of using it to them; see if anyone at work is looking for a new car & offer to take them out in yours; go hang out near your local Tesla shop for a bit on a Saturday :D ... not sure what else I can think of