Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Program Recourse

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any suggestions are welcomed.

Long story short I have total of 5 genuine referrals from the most recent referral program that just ended. I am owed 22" wheels for my 3rd award, which was posted in my awards as the "early token solar access blah blah" award. I emailed referral program folks back in November of 18, they acknowledged I was correct, they would change in my awards so I would be able to request my 22" wheels.

Fast forward to today, 6 emails later with 3 responses(every response is the same - "we are working on it") and nothing has changed. Side note, they stopped responding to the referral program email address, luckily, I found a secret customer service email address online that is linked to the referral program that usually elicits a response. As of today, It still shows early solar token access as my award for my 3rd referral, early software updates for my 4th(Just got .50.6 yesterday which most people got 3-4 weeks ago) and an invitation to next unveiling as my 5th. Also of note, I put in for my wall charger(2nd award) back in November of 18 which still just shows "scheduled".

At this point I'm not sure what my recourse is. They have admitted over email they made a mistake, and will correct it, but 90 days to fix an award error is more than enough in my mind. I have been incredibly patient and fear they may just be waiting me out until April 1st, at which point I won't have "made my selection" and I will never receive my wheels.

The whole experience has been such a negative one which is unfortunate bc I am such a tesla enthusiast, but I think I am now starting to see the customer service lack that I hear so many complaints about. I cant imagine having to pay an attorney to send a letter to get some rims and a wall charger but I guess that's where I am at?

Lastly, some of you may suggest going into the store - I have done this twice when I was in for service, both times was told to contact the referral program via email..

Thank to all of you for your input

Any suggestions are welcomed.

Long story short I have total of 5 genuine referrals from the most recent referral program that just ended. I am owed 22" wheels for my 3rd award, which was posted in my awards as the "early token solar access blah blah" award. I emailed referral program folks back in November of 18, they acknowledged I was correct, they would change in my awards so I would be able to request my 22" wheels.

Fast forward to today, 6 emails later with 3 responses(every response is the same - "we are working on it") and nothing has changed. Side note, they stopped responding to the referral program email address, luckily, I found a secret customer service email address online that is linked to the referral program that usually elicits a response. As of today, It still shows early solar token access as my award for my 3rd referral, early software updates for my 4th(Just got .50.6 yesterday which most people got 3-4 weeks ago) and an invitation to next unveiling as my 5th. Also of note, I put in for my wall charger(2nd award) back in November of 18 which still just shows "scheduled".

At this point I'm not sure what my recourse is. They have admitted over email they made a mistake, and will correct it, but 90 days to fix an award error is more than enough in my mind. I have been incredibly patient and fear they may just be waiting me out until April 1st, at which point I won't have "made my selection" and I will never receive my wheels.

The whole experience has been such a negative one which is unfortunate bc I am such a tesla enthusiast, but I think I am now starting to see the customer service lack that I hear so many complaints about. I cant imagine having to pay an attorney to send a letter to get some rims and a wall charger but I guess that's where I am at?

Lastly, some of you may suggest going into the store - I have done this twice when I was in for service, both times was told to contact the referral program via email..

Thank to all of you for your input

Having exactly the same "problem" with the (expensive) wheels being swapped by them for the (worthless) "solar token". Surprise surprise that they didn't mistakenly swap the token for the wheels, and that this "error" was in their favor.

I, too, have been emailing back and forth with them and was told that it would DEFINITLY be fixed by last Friday and if not to tell them this past Monday. I contacted them on Monday and they expressed surprise at this, saying they will create a "workaround" and would immediately get back to me. They never did. We should compile a list of affected owners and contact their legal department (VERY responsive) at [email protected] and demand a fix. Feb 28 is fast approaching, at which point I would not be surprised if they say "sorry you didn't select your award in time."

Pretty similar situation here, but after I noticed an error in the app I thought they were pretty responsive about getting it fixed with a ticket to another IT department. I’ve never sensed that they were purposely misrepresenting or being deceptive about their actions.

That said the app does seem to have an issue for the 22” wheels where it won’t let you order. Despite putting in the delivery location and confirming, it continues to say “tap to confirm.” I emailed and got confirmation that my wheels are on order at the location requested and should be notified around 6-8 weeks by SC for install, in general about 10 weeks from confirm to install.

• Informative
Reactions: MelaniainLA
I wouldn't hold your breath. I qualified for three referrals (2x wall connectors, and one wheel set). All have been selected and say "scheduled" (WC) or "processing" (Wheels). I actually received two Wall connectors about two weeks ago, but my loot box stills says "scheduled" Go figure. I've not heard anything about the Wheels, but I won't be real interested in getting them for a couple more months, after the ice and snow are gone.

I wouldn't hold your breath. I qualified for three referrals (2x wall connectors, and one wheel set). All have been selected and say "scheduled" (WC) or "processing" (Wheels). I actually received two Wall connectors about two weeks ago, but my loot box stills says "scheduled" Go figure. I've not heard anything about the Wheels, but I won't be real interested in getting them for a couple more months, after the ice and snow are gone.

How long did it take from confirmation to delivery for the wall connectors?