Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Programme issues

Is your referral prize delivered in a timely manner? (6 weeks or less)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well blow me down with a feather ... I got a reply yesterday (29/April) ... Sunday at that ...

... to my email to Support of 03-April. I assumed it was lost / ignored / something else

So the good news is that a reply to an email is only 2/3rd as long as the 6-weeks wait to get a car serviced ...

But I'm utterly perplexed by the content, maybe someone can help / explain?

They ask:

"Can you please let us know the email address you have on file with us so we can assist you further"

Below that is my original email and attached to that is a "Data Record Card" with all the data from MyTesla account (Name, Email, Phone, Country, VIN). I had included my VIN in my note to Support in case it helped to identify my account and, yup, it exactly matches the one they quoted back to me from MyTelsa account

The Email address they have written to me is the one that is in MyTesla account ...

... errmmm ... what other address might they have for me?

And if they have a different email address for me WHY?

POLL:

1. You think I'm making this up?
2. You think I couldn't make this up?
3 Yup.

I think much of what Tesla do is a mess. I have no idea why they don't put some effort into cleaning it up, my assumption is that it [not improving] costs them a lot of money in people-running-around putting out fires.

When the new Roadster launched folk were sending Tesla wire transfers for $250,000 deposit (or, if you were poor!, only $50,000) and not getting any confirmation, for a couple of weeks no less, because Tesla had no systems in place. Plenty more examples like that.

I have no doubt that your problem will be sorted out satisfactorily for you, but I have huge doubt that that will be in a timeframe that is acceptable to you. I cancelled my deposit, originally, and re-placed an order a couple of weeks later. It took me weeks to get my first deposit back again. Because it needed someone senior to press some button or other. It was a no-quibble refund, so WTF?

I know a bit about my own model of Tesla; I'm interested. But I'm no expert. But #2 it really bugs me when I know more than the person on the end of the phone and they are clearly just giving me the runaround.

When Tesla annoys fans to the point that they walk away, such as your good self, the domino effect could be cancerous. I'd like them to survive, so they can continue to shake up the marketplace in favour of Renewable Energy, so I'd like them to fix this left-hand has no idea what right-hand is doing stuff.

Hopefully you'll stick around. If you have got the time (I certainly haven't) give them hell. Its the only way I can think of to get the problem fixed.

(Your referrals have actually matured to the point that you should be credited, right?)
I have finally recieved my wheels nearly 6 months after my 3rd referral was delivered and only after I raised an escalation ticket. Such a simple task made so difficult but at least I am a happy bunny now:)

Sat at supercharger last night Wifee opened APP on her phone, to check the car. I use Remote-S ... so hadn't seen this:

... "What's this referral" she said?

"eh?"

"Yeah, in the Loot Box. What Swag do you want?"

So selected it there ...

... so the "getting an email" thing is quite possibly a red herring ... or per chance coincided with the Email exchange with Tesla Support ...

But that apart it then said "June" for delivery date. Not exactly Instant Gratification.

Reactions: Terry_B58
Bought the Tesla Solar panels in March 2017 and was given a referral code to use on any further purchases of my own or to friends. Purchased a new 2017 Model X in December 2017 used my own Tesla referral code.
Purchased a new 2018 Model S P100D in March 2018 using my own referral code.
On my recommendation my friend took delivery of a new 2018 Model S in March 2018 using my referral code.
So, ACCORDING to Tesla I have three delivered referrals and am entitled to
(1) the wall charger,
(2) A radio controlled Model S toy car and
(3) a set of 21" forged wheels for my 2018 S.
I have made twenty contacts to Tesla employees in the last two months. They all say there is some sort of issue and my rewards will be coming soon. I am afraid the company is cutting back as they run out of cash. Why else would I continue to get the run around?
I don't get it. I have spent over $400,000 with them and they seem to be in no hurry to follow through on their deal to me.
Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Why else would I continue to get the run around?

Because of their gross incompetence in running their Back Office.

Elon: just put some software in place. End of ...

Same thing with the new Roadster-2 ... they took deposits by Bank Transfer of $50K for regular vehicle, and $250K for the Founders Edition. Absolutely no COMMs to buyers for nearly 10 days ... Frantic Punters phoning up ... I would have been worried too ... and all that support-staff time wasted (and lousy PR too of course ...)

This happens time and again, and must be costing a fortune - given that decent back-office systems are not hard to implement, but they sure get harder the longer you leave it, and the more legacy and string+gum you have to migrate ...

I don't see anything suspicious here, but nonetheless it absolutely stinks.

I have finally recieved my wheels nearly 6 months after my 3rd referral was delivered and only after I raised an escalation ticket. Such a simple task made so difficult but at least I am a happy bunny now:)

Another first world issue resolved! Have you noticed that it's become the norm to have to chase pretty much everything these days? Even had to chase John Lewis the other day for a return refund, lol.

Even had to chase John Lewis the other day for a return refund, lol.

Totally off topic, but my wife discovered that if you return items via Waitrose :)eek: where she uses the JL "click & collect facility on what seems like a daily basis) the item gets chucked into a big cage which goes back to JL when it's full. Hence the refund can take a while. She now nips out to the local JL home store and secures immediate refund that way.

But that apart it then said "June" for delivery date. Not exactly Instant Gratification.

So June has been and gone, and Wall Charger still not here. That person collected their car in January .... last delivery update said "June". "Where is it" Questions to Support have gone unanswered ... so far.

Someone tell me I've got something wrong here:
  • I (and you) are Musk's advertising agency.
  • He's slowball paying me, a services-supplier.
And I know (for a fact) that he has been paid for the corresponding "goods" - the guy is driving around in his car, Musk doesn't let them off the forecourt until the cheque has cleared ...

High time he stopped mucking about sleeping on the factory floor, and moved his camp bed to the back office to see how bad things REALLY are there. Actually, just to make sure he's seeing The Real Deal, he should fly to UK and sleep on the floor in the back office over here.

Small Claims Court is so pisseasy to do from my armchair that I might just do that ...

Oh FFS ...

So I sent my Support Request from the "Type a question here" box on MyTesla. That will travel with full information about me, my account, and everything about me and my car ... right?

I did that on 19-June.

Had a reply today (01-Aug)

I can't believe they are really ploughing through support requests with a 6 week lag ... but ...

"Sorry, I can't find any referrals under this email address, please can you tell me your old email address"

WTF?

I can see my referrals in MyTesla just fine with my current email address. That's the one I included in the body of my message (just to be safe ... <sigh>). The reply has my current email address. It matches the one in MyTesla ... I only quoted it in the message because they had a problem with my "new" email address last time (months ago ... and they promised me they had fixed their records). Last time they said they had to hunt in order to find an email address for me that worked - despite MyTesla Email address being correct. I changed the email address in MyTesla some months before my old email address was disconnected and that was back in May 2017 ...

Their reply also includes my VIN number. They can't find my referrals from that?

And my question had nothing to do with my actual referrals, I was asking if I could change a Solar Roof Invite for a Wall Charger (in order to have more incentive to get Tesla some business ... so a simple Yes/No would have done)

I give up. I haven't had a Firmware update in months, I certainly don't have time to phone up and give them a piece of my mind, and an email that is going to go unanswered for 6 weeks and then just result in "Yet again we don't know who you are" is also a waste of my time and not going to get me a firmware update anytime soon either.

To quote Rowan Atkinson in the Father of the Bride speech "I wouldn't trust them to sit the right way on a toilet seat"

I've stopped giving anyone my referral code, its just WAY too embarrassing and takes too much of my time to sort out ....

Reactions: Terry_B58
Still no sign of my toy Tesla yet and it has been a good few months now. I chose my referral prize on the Tesla App loot box a few weeks after the referee's car was delivered and it said I would get a code to use to order the car direct from the supplier (which is fine) except it then links to a blank page with no code in sight. Any tips on chasing it up?

Hi, model X owner from Japan here. Got a question about referral - I understand if you hand your referral code to your friends and when they click the URL, all they see is Model S and Model X, but no Model 3. I asked Tesla Japan and they said since 3 is not being delivered, no Model 3 referrals.

So what would happen if my friend orders 3 through my link? Will he get free supercharging for 6 months, when the car is eventually delivered? I guess you guys in UK are in the same boat as myself, thus asking questions.