Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral requests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've not been able to find an existing thread for this, if there already is one then might be worth a sticky to make it easier to find?

The idea is if you are looking for a referral for something (Tesla order, Energy company switch, Charge point install, Accessories, Stats collection software etc.etc.) then post a request with the specifics. Those with codes to hand out can watch* this thread and DM their codes/links in response when they see a match.

*Is there a better way like turning a thread search into an alert or news feed so you only get notified of posts asking for specific items (e.g. "teslafi" or "bulb energy")?

Reactions: freekie
I've not been able to find an existing thread for this, if there already is one then might be worth a sticky to make it easier to find?

The idea is if you are looking for a referral for something (Tesla order, Energy company switch, Charge point install, Accessories, Stats collection software etc.etc.) then post a request with the specifics. Those with codes to hand out can watch* this thread and DM their codes/links in response when they see a match.

*Is there a better way like turning a thread search into an alert or news feed so you only get notified of posts asking for specific items (e.g. "teslafi" or "bulb energy")?
Makes sense, although I like the existing process in place for Tesla referrals, if people like what someone has contributed they can grab their referral from their profile page.

And then, @Roy W. handles Octopus referrals :)

How do i put my referral in?

A fairer system would be something like giffgaff used to operate for their referrals for new customers. You registered with them if you wanted to be included, and then anyone wanting a referral code asked for one. Their system sent the requester a random code from the pool of people included.

That way it’s not just whoever sees the request first, and the referrals are spread more fairly over everyone involved.

Having said that I don’t see any way of setting up something like that on here!

Reactions: m3p_uk and Cwmwd
...grab their referral from their profile page. And then, @Roy W. handles Octopus referrals

Fair points. I was more thinking about non-Tesla referrals originally but added them to the list of examples anyway.

At the moment it feels like, if you know what you want and know that referrals are available, you'd have to track down a vaguely relevant thread and hijack it to ask for one. That then usually triggers a few more people to post their own requests to the same thread.

Having a single thread for requests that you can search through might give the rest of us a fighting chance pulling off a "Roy" (if there's such a thing)!

Check out...

Yep, that's a good system. Maybe having similar ones for Octopus, Bulb, TeslaFi etc.etc. might get a bit too complicated though?

I have available a Bingo ball cage that could be used, (Used 1 day a year for the school fete so no draws that day im afraid). Each referral owner is given a number and if you request a referral, a random number will be drawn and that users referral will be used.

Rules:

An independent Adjudicator (my kids) will be present when drawn.

How it will be regulated:

We regulate the Referral Lottery to ensure that:
  • players are treated fairly
  • the nation’s interest in the Lottery is protected
  • the operator is motivated to maximise the enjoyment and benefits that the Lottery brings to the Nation.
Our statutory duties are to:
  • ensure that the Referral Lottery, and every lottery that forms a part of it, is run with all due propriety
  • ensure that the interests of every participant in the Lottery are protected
  • subject to these two duties, to do our best in making sure that the proceeds of the Referral Lottery are as great as possible.
You must be 18 or over or have permission from a responsible mammal to participate.

* Last bit i borrowed from the National Lottery