Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have to admit that now that I have them on the car, I don’t have the heart to sell them ♥️

337505A3-67CE-4407-8498-7336BF6DA59B.jpeg

btw- The 255/35 fit perfectly and give a lot more comfort/performance/bottom out protection plus look 10x better than the xx 235s, although they do give up the quiet and efficiency of the OEM 235.

If anyone in the SF Bay is looking for new 20” OEM tires, ping me.

-=dave
About $3000-3500. See here or here or here. Hardest part is finding a local buyer so you don't have to ship. I'll be trying to find a local buyer to swap mine for their arachnids, which is even tougher.

I have to admit that now that I have them on the car, I don’t have the heart to sell them ♥️

View attachment 572929

btw- The 255/35 fit perfectly and give a lot more comfort/performance/bottom out protection plus look 10x better than the xx 235s, although they do give up the quiet and efficiency of the OEM 235.

-=dave

They look better in person than they do in pictures, and they look even better on the car in person than they do in pictures. I really like the look.

Reactions: EV-by-the-Sea
I NEED SOME HELP!

The service center sent me 2x ET34 (PUP) and 2x ET40 (non-PUP) wheels. They are claiming it's a staggered set even though the widths and the tires are the same size, just the offsets are different. I contacted referrals support (email) and all they did was call the same service manager, who told them that the set I received is "correct."

Is there any way to escalate and speak to someone who knows what they are talking about and get this situation fixed???

View attachment 572929

-=dave
What kind of 255/35/20 did you go with? How's the ride quality vs the oem specs?

Last edited:
Congrats! They look great! I see that you're in SF, as I am. Out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait to get them? When did you put in your "order" (i.e. your referral prize claim)?

I am about at my wit's end with this. I understand they're free, and I sincerely appreciate that, but my service center put in my order 3.5 MONTHS ago (in late April), I've received two "schedule an appointment now to claim your wheels" emails, and on the last one, they specifically told me to make an appointment "in the second week of August." I did that a while back, then texted today to check on it and sure enough, the service rep said they don't have them and they have absolutely no idea when they're coming.

It's completely frustrating -- especially when I see (no offense) others in the Bay Area getting them. You even have the 34 offset for P3D+, as I do.

In short, I'd love to hear anything you're willing to share about your process in getting your wheels, and congrats again! They look great on the white P3D+!

-=dave

Congrats! They look great! I see that you're in SF, as I am. Out of curiosity, how long did you have to wait to get them? When did you put in your "order" (i.e. your referral prize claim)?

I know I'm not who you asked, but I had the same trouble, and am also in the Bay Area. Order was put in on April 17, wheels didn't get to me until July 17. Service center was Burlingame, and communication/answers to questions were nonexistent.

Best I can offer is to keep scheduling service appointments to pick them up, that seems to be the only communication that gets responded to.

• Informative
Reactions: ryanjm
They look really close to the aftermarket forged wheels I had installed, I just couldn't get enough referrals in time so all I ended up with was a hat and some supercharging miles I probably won't use.

I'd love to get that graphic to display on the screen though. Anyway to do that?

TeslaChromeDelete.jpg

Last edited:
10k miles so far on my referral wheels, a few road trips and track days and they are holding up great. Ceramic coated them while off the car. The finish (color and texture) on the insides of the wheel in the barrel is inconsistent near the spokes which doesn’t seem to be specific on my wheel but on a couple others I’ve seen. Just a bad paint/powdercoat job probs. Can’t wait to replace these 235/35 PS4S and go back to CUP 2 maybe 265 or just a 255 4S. Here’s some eye candy:
A2258FAF-7EB3-4EE3-B353-B980216A4562.jpeg
53FF2EEF-4349-43B9-93F2-80C80231CFEE.jpeg
DA670375-3ADE-4011-BE9A-58DA15EDE26E.jpeg
2BC47369-1DE3-415E-9F84-1917FB842FBB.jpeg
9247F885-83D8-4D88-8F48-95350A581D06.jpeg
004B01C2-8FE4-452D-8522-303201D56C59.jpeg
887ABA87-BA38-445D-BB0D-DD48FE41C43C.jpeg
FF4C1A93-3B22-4C86-B2BD-E79461F81D19.jpeg

They look really close to the aftermarket forged wheels I had installed, I just couldn't get enough referrals in time so all I ended up with was a hat and some supercharging miles I probably won't use.

Dont worry you aren't missing out on too much, they aren't really forged anyway so the aftermarket ones are probably a better bet!

Ask your local service center if they can enable the wheel configuration option, they might just let you select the referral wheels to make it display that way in the app/in car.