Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ask your local service center if they can enable the wheel configuration option, they might just let you select the referral wheels to make it display that way in the app/in car.

This has been an option from inside the car for some time now. No need to visit the service center.

Attachments

• 20200926_181049.jpg
    20200926_181049.jpg
    653.4 KB · Views: 105
10k miles so far on my referral wheels, a few road trips and track days and they are holding up great. Ceramic coated them while off the car. The finish (color and texture) on the insides of the wheel in the barrel is inconsistent near the spokes which doesn’t seem to be specific on my wheel but on a couple others I’ve seen. Just a bad paint/powdercoat job probs. Can’t wait to replace these 235/35 PS4S and go back to CUP 2 maybe 265 or just a 255 4S. Here’s some eye candy:

Wow, I think after seeing those photos I might have to get a front lip. I'd been holding off because I wasn't sure it would look right at stock suspension height, but it looks so good on your car.

You've been pleased with the product?

Wow, I think after seeing those photos I might have to get a front lip. I'd been holding off because I wasn't sure it would look right at stock suspension height, but it looks so good on your car.

You've been pleased with the product?
Super happy with it! Its the @UnpluggedP Front Lip in Solid Black. I also have their sway bars! Such a difference!

Oh wow and they let you add the referral wheels without purchasing them? Pretty nice, now if only that worked for making them show up on the outside of the car too :D

Yep, you can pick any of the wheels you don't actually have. The car computer will reboot after each change. And the picture in the phone app will show your wheel choice too !

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

My range estimate showed the same no matter which wheel I picked.

None of these match my actual wheels...
car5.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr X and jjrandorin
40: non-performance (silver brakes)
34: performance
So either version will fit on either vehicle with OEM 235/35 “TO” PS4Ses. The difference is that the ET34 are intended to maintain the correct scrub radius for vehicles with what was originally called the Performance Upgrade Package, while the ET40 maintains the correct scrub radius for non-PUP vehicles. Scrub radius is only critical on the front axle so you could use either offset in the rear with no negative effects other that the inability to perform tire rotation maintenance (which is required for Michelin treadwear warranty).

I see people putting stupid-huge spacers and crazy positive-offset wheel packages on 3s constantly in order to get the look they want, throwing scrub radius (and handling characteristics) out the window, so you decide what you want. If you do though, know that deviating from the factory offset *will* affect driving characteristics some degree.

There is speculation that the ET34 on PUP allows slightly more scrub radius in order to optimize cornering performance over efficiency. The OEM PUP wheels are ET35 which likely results in identical scrub radius as the ET40 wheels on non-PUP 3s.

For those curious if 265/35 PS4S will fit, I’m doubtful as it would be extremely close to the front steering knuckle based on how close my 255s are. However, if you happen to have a non-PUP car, but ET34 ZeroGs (eg, you bought them from Tesla or a 3rd party), I think the extra 6mm of inside clearance would be enough to do the trick, allowing 265/35 PS4S to fit without a problem. Again, it might fit on the standard offsets, but might not. We wont know until someone tries, but at $340 non-refundable once mounted, it could be an expensive experiment. If you have a PUP vehicle but ET40 ZeroGs, I’d say chances of 265/35 PS4S fitting w/o hitting the front steering knuckle would be slim-to-none, plus your scrub radius will move from positive to negative, resulting in the need to tweak toe-in from normal for best performance/efficiency and cornering performance characteristics changed quote a bit.

• Helpful
  • Informative
Reactions: TEG and Krash
What do you mean service isn’t helpful? What have you done? All I had to do was schedule the service. That triggered service to order the parts to complete. Took a week or so.
Yes I scheduled the service, then they said they ordered the parts. This was back in June. Ever since then they just tell me the wheels are still on order and to keep waiting. I receive an email from Tesla every week with an update on the order, which just says the parts shipped back in July but have not arrived at the service centre yet. I tried contacting Tesla (local service centre) several times but they say they don't have any further information. Doesn't seem reasonable for shipping to take 6 months...

Yes I scheduled the service, then they said they ordered the parts. This was back in June. Ever since then they just tell me the wheels are still on order and to keep waiting. I receive an email from Tesla every week with an update on the order, which just says the parts shipped back in July but have not arrived at the service centre yet. I tried contacting Tesla (local service centre) several times but they say they don't have any further information. Doesn't seem reasonable for shipping to take 6 months...

Mine took 4 months, so hard to say what's reasonable anymore. I will say that I never got any straight answers to parts availability and they never proactively reached out to me to say that the parts had arrived like they said they would. I just kept creating service appointments to have the wheels installed until they were available. That seemed to be the only communication that they responded to.

Wow had no clue about this. Just changed mine to the referral 20's since they look closest to my actual arachnid style TSS's. Was bugging me always seeing the stock silver 19's which I no longer have. Thanks!

I think changing the wheels also changes the cars reporting of range as well (changes the constant) to try to more closely reflect what your car will do with the different size tires.

Reactions: Mr X
I think changing the wheels also changes the cars reporting of range as well (changes the constant) to try to more closely reflect what your car will do with the different size tires.

Ya it said that. Funny, it's actually showing more range on a 100% now wtf

230 now compared to 226 before. Didn't drive either lol

Even if it goes down it's all good. I know what my car can do

Reactions: jjrandorin