Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
all of my referrals have come during the period of December, but BEFORE december 23rd. I hope I can get the model 3 wheels, instead of having to take the S or X wheels. I actually clicked on this topic to see what the consensus was on taking the S or X wheels for referrals, since I cant use them but heard people were selling them.

I would prefer to get wheels I personally can use, so I am hoping that my referrals between Dec 4th and Dec 20th work.

My key thing was to become the go to guy for everything EV and Tesla related so anyone whoever had a question about EVs would always come to me. I'm still thinking about creating a youtube channel but there is so much competition now.

I also got this email this morning implying that I could apply my rewards towards the new wheels:
49099524_265784440760193_145481176654544896_n.png
Most of my fiends either already have EV's or have absolutely no interest in ever owning one. Not saying some day I won't be able to get a referral, but I need one now for some wheels :p

I got all my referrals through public posts on Facebook. 1500 friends, mostly young professionals in their 20s and 30s with good income. I posted a finance tutorial on another non-Tesla specific car forum that doesn’t disallow referral links and received lots of comments and PMs, but no orders. I can probably get all 5 prizes if I keep doing what i’m doing, but will need to think outside the box to get 55 referrals and a free Roadster.

I treat all my referrals as valued customers, reply quickly to their PMs, and can even accompany them at delivery pending my availability to help with inspection.

I got all my referrals through public posts on Facebook. 1500 friends, mostly young professionals in their 20s and 30s with good income. I posted a finance tutorial on another non-Tesla specific car forum that doesn’t disallow referral links and received lots of comments and PMs, but no orders. I can probably get all 5 prizes if I keep doing what i’m doing, but will need to think outside the box to get 55 referrals and a free Roadster.

I treat all my referrals as valued customers, reply quickly to their PMs, and can even accompany them at delivery pending my availability to help with inspection.
Interesting, I haven't yet posted anything with my car on facebook, debated on it and felt like it was bragging. Then again so isn't posting anything really.

Reactions: APotatoGod

Same here, I'm doing personal pick ups with the last 2 owners (one more this friday). My first 2 referrals were from people who actually already ordered but

Interesting, I haven't yet posted anything with my car on facebook, debated on it and felt like it was bragging. Then again so isn't posting anything really.

While I enjoy bragging, I try not to do it as much as possible due to the negative social connotations around it. That being said, I do post some important life events on my FB which include my M3 purchase (I didn't emphasize performance or anything of the sort). As a Tesla investor and lifelong EV supporter though, I am trying to emphasize people get a Model 3 if its within their capability.

Additionally, I found out multiple friends of mine or people I knew had already placed a Model 3 order without a referral code or contacting me simply because they were not aware. That forced me to become more active on the social media scene with them so I can walk them through the process and not experience some of the same pains that I have.

Would I do this for any other company? Hell no, but Tesla is different to me.

Tesla hasn't honored either of the two referrals I sent in. The second person even asked no less than 3 times to make sure I'd get the credit because I complained to him that they shafted me on the first one.

I always get: "We'll look into it and call you back" and never hear anything back. Oh well.

Tesla hasn't honored either of the two referrals I sent in. The second person even asked no less than 3 times to make sure I'd get the credit because I complained to him that they shafted me on the first one.

I always get: "We'll look into it and call you back" and never hear anything back. Oh well.

Tesla fixed both of the ones that I did, the owner themselves have to make sure you put your code in, you wouldn't be the ones asking I think. They had no problems putting it in and me getting the reward.

I had 3 referral orders placed before December 23. My last referral just took delivery yesterday and when I checked my rewards it sadly gave me the option for the free week, not the model 3 wheels. I’ll probably still ask since the free week is a poor reward for M3 owners.

I have been going back and forth with the Referral program arguing this and I am getting denied up everywhere. I hit 3 a while ago and decided to hold off on cashing in because I knew wheels would be offered. Well I have grown my referrals since then and basically now I have no way of winning this prize. Getting punished for being proactive and getting referrals by being denied wheels sucks. :( Nothing more to win and I doubt I will get to 55 for a roadster.

I have been going back and forth with the Referral program arguing this and I am getting denied up everywhere. I hit 3 a while ago and decided to hold off on cashing in because I knew wheels would be offered. Well I have grown my referrals since then and basically now I have no way of winning this prize. Getting punished for being proactive and getting referrals by being denied wheels sucks. :( Nothing more to win and I doubt I will get to 55 for a roadster.

I haven’t contacted them yet since the wheels aren’t even available yet. Have you been contacting them in the last couple days specifically regarding the Forge Performance Wheels that were just announced or regarding getting Model S or X wheels to gift/flip?

I had 3 referral orders placed before December 23. My last referral just took delivery yesterday and when I checked my rewards it sadly gave me the option for the free week, not the model 3 wheels. I’ll probably still ask since the free week is a poor reward for M3 owners.

I hit 3 severa weeks ago but only the first two show up in my loot box (photo and wall connector). Nothing for the 3rd yet. Was it immediate for you?

To be clear, I have 3 bright green bars and it’s confirmed that all 3 are “Delivered”, but there is nothing under “My Awards” since the wall connector.

One down...need two more! Hoping the first one is the toughest. I could probably make a deal on the next two where I would give them a free home charger (mine) and take the signature one. And on the wheels, tell them to order stock and I'll give them my 19's and keep the forged ones. I need to think this one out! I'm just happy people are interested in the vehicle. Such a solid car!
FYI, Tesla made that against the rules a couple weeks ago.
upload_2018-12-26_10-59-34-png.363923

• Informative
Reactions: Frunkenstein