Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looking at the verbiage in the update you posted, they also omit calling them forged, dang it.

Yea they first dropped the forged language a few months back and we all got kinda scared...

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

That's flow forged. Which is still "forged", right? ;)

That's one of my pet peeves lol i only say flow formed, most vendors say flow forged because it sounds better and makes people think of forged wheels. Not too disengenous because flow forming does provide better material properties which are similar to a fully forged wheel, but i think it's still a bit deceptive. We use flow forming machines at work for...things... and i don't believe i've ever heard someone call it flow forging.

Someone on Facebook in the Tesla Model 3 group just posted that they were able to get the new wheels. They just straight-up bought the wheels and tires (just the wheels, not track pack) from Tesla and even got them to install with PS4S instead of Cup 2.

Apparently the cost was only $3K plus tax which blows my mind to be honest, unfortunately i think it's safe to say that these are not forged wheels :(

Also not to gatekeep or be that guy, but i'm kinda bummed these are cheaper than the stock 20" for Performance which cost $4K. Everyone and their brother will probably get the track wheels now for their regular Model 3 and it seems like putting M badges on a non-M BMW but i'm sure that's just me lol

Someone on Facebook in the Tesla Model 3 group just posted that they were able to get the new wheels. They just straight-up bought the wheels and tires (just the wheels, not track pack) from Tesla and even got them to install with PS4S instead of Cup 2.

Apparently the cost was only $3K plus tax which blows my mind to be honest, unfortunately i think it's safe to say that these are not forged wheels :(

Did they mention how? I only see the $5.5k track pack.

Please let us know if scheduling the appointment works. Thanks

To be clear, i scheduled an appointment to pick up a referral reward (not purchase the wheels outright) but they replied and asked for me to confirm that i would accept tax implications by receiving the award, so that's a good sign!

Also as an update i saw another person mention on Facebook that they called a service center and were quoted $750 per wheel (without tires) to buy these by themselves.

Reactions: Adam3 and rcsting
Picture from Tesla Model 3 group on FB, apparently these weigh about 53 pounds with the 235/35/R20 PS4S so that means the wheels weigh about 28-29 pounds. Think it's safe to say these are not forged.

92597953_3383321581679230_3872536345947668480_n.jpg

Attachments

• 92597953_3383321581679230_3872536345947668480_n.jpg
    92597953_3383321581679230_3872536345947668480_n.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 122
  • Informative
Reactions: Jedi2155
If there are any installed pics - please share if you don't mind! I've only seen one real world photo. Thanks!!

Here ya go, also check out some of the original Track Mode V2 YouTube videos as those cars all had these wheels installed!
91692687_3377354825609239_4145401498072776704_n.jpg

MASTER THREAD: Aftermarket Wheels on Model 3

Copying the photo here just to keep it all in one spot, nothing against that thread and the fine gentleman who started it tho :p

Reactions: Adam3
Picture from Tesla Model 3 group on FB, apparently these weigh about 53 pounds with the 235/35/R20 PS4S so that means the wheels weigh about 28-29 pounds. Think it's safe to say these are not forged.

View attachment 531341
These are missing the caps to them that cover the lugs....

I was the original leaker to these back in early February and the leaker of track pack and TMV2. They sadly are appearing not to be forged which wasn’t the original plan. But.... that means I can sorta afford them now. Good friend of mine was at the event and they said not to waste the $ on it and get CUP2 and new pads/fluid which are both musts. My cup 2 are waiting to be installed this week and new pads and fluid flush soon to follow. Imo, stick to cheaper aftermarkets instead of the “Track Pack” wheels. Save the $ and build a package yourself that fits your needs best.

These are missing the caps to them that cover the lugs....

Huh?

They sadly are appearing not to be forged which wasn’t the original plan. But.... that means I can sorta afford them now. Good friend of mine was at the event and they said not to waste the $ on it and get CUP2 and new pads/fluid which are both musts

Not only are they not forged, but they are "only" 9" wide wheels which isn't that great for track use. I'm planning to keep my current 19x9.5" set for track tires and then use these as daily driver since i'm getting them for free anyway, but probably wouldn't buy these otherwise for $3K given weight and specs.