Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nice! I had my pickup scheduled for tomorrow, but even though I got emailed. texted etc by tesla to confirm the appointment, when I texted them back to say "I need to make SURE these are there because I live 35 miles from the Service Center and dont want to make the trip for nothing if you dont have them", they returned my text and said "sorry your wheels are not in yet, we will text you to schedule when they arrive".

So, I would have driven down there tomorrow for install, only to be told "sorry we dont have them". This is the part of tesla that sometimes makes me frustrated.... wouldnt be so bad if they had reached out to ME first to say "we dont have them" but I had to reach out to them first to confirm... because I know how these things happen.

FWIW I had the same thing happen only the appointment was yesterday. My guess is everyone requested the wheels all at once and now the supply is exhausted or delayed.

Still skeptical that they're going to proactively reach out once they become available.

FWIW I had the same thing happen only the appointment was yesterday. My guess is everyone requested the wheels all at once and now the supply is exhausted or delayed.

Still skeptical that they're going to proactively reach out once they become available.

Yeah I doubt they will, either. They havent ever done that for anything else related to the performance model 3 I bought at the end of 2018, that didnt come with the spoiler, or badges. They never reached out to me to get those items installed either... I just had to make an appointment to get them. In most cases, I waited for a month or more to let the initial rush die down, but this time (because I happen to really like the look of those wheels), I tried to jump at it when people started posting they were available.

FE0E6232-A09E-4106-8BD3-8DA0552830D7.jpeg
620C8274-5863-4EF6-98F1-4A061475EA9F.jpeg
C6D338C5-41FB-4442-A6C7-46B14EABAC29.jpeg
3DB7D840-FBFC-444C-8D33-55E80CBDD3B4.jpeg
Selling my set too. I’m in SoCal for local pickup only. 3500 pm me

Nevermind, cancel previous post; decided to keep.

RB Performance

That looks good. I was thinking about getting RB 2-piece rotors to make up for the weight gain from the 20 inch wheels, but I don't care for the look of black rotors shown on their website.

RB Front: RB 2pc Rotor (320x26mm) Stock Repl for Tesla Model 3 (Non-Perf. Brake) Front (Incl. Brake pad))
RB Rear: RB 2pc Rotor (335x21mm) Stock Repl. for Tesla Model 3 Rear Base Model (Not for Perf. Model)

It appears that your rotors aren't black. Are the photos on the RB website misleading or did they change their design since you got yours?

Last edited:
That looks good. I was thinking about getting RB 2-piece rotors to make up for the weight gain from the 20 inch wheels, but I don't care for the look of black rotors shown on their website.

RB Front: RB 2pc Rotor (320x26mm) Stock Repl for Tesla Model 3 (Non-Perf. Brake) Front (Incl. Brake pad))
RB Rear: RB 2pc Rotor (335x21mm) Stock Repl. for Tesla Model 3 Rear Base Model (Not for Perf. Model)

It appears that your rotors aren't black. Are the photos on the RB website misleading or did they change their design since you got yours?
The black is a coating that will wear off once you use the brakes. So, the rotors don't remain black, only the rotor hats will.

• Informative
Reactions: YisSerL and EricUSC
So these are reportedly fully forged after all, based on below analysis. Also +40mm offset config for non PUP brakes is compatible with PUP brakes as there is relief machined out in the centre bore.

Mad Hungarian on Twitter

Was looking through the replies -- he doesn't actually confirm that they're forged. He's simply taking Tesla at their earlier word that they would be forged:

Kevin Becker on Twitter