Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral Reward: Forged Performance Wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You asked what parts they ordered I think... on my order:

(4) 1044232-01-A Wheel ornamentation center cap, Zero G
(4) 1044242-00-A Wheel 20X9.0J ET34, Zero G
(4) 1074812-00-B TPMS Sensor Black 433 Mhz
(4) 1234258-00-A Tire 235/35R20 92Y Michelin Sumer - SRVC (these are pilot SuperSport 4S
(20) 1044238-00-A Lug Nut Cover, Zero G

Cost = 0

@Mikael_ESG keep in mind the wheels are different for the performance brakes, so if you don’t have them the wheel PN is 1044243-00-A for non-performance (ET40 offset).

Reactions: jjrandorin
You asked what parts they ordered I think... on my order:

(4) 1044232-01-A Wheel ornamentation center cap, Zero G
(4) 1044242-00-A Wheel 20X9.0J ET34, Zero G
(4) 1074812-00-B TPMS Sensor Black 433 Mhz
(4) 1234258-00-A Tire 235/35R20 92Y Michelin Sumer - SRVC (these are pilot SuperSport 4S
(20) 1044238-00-A Lug Nut Cover, Zero G

Cost = 0
Hey thanks for that! My BOM did not include the TPMS sensors or the TIRES! Just sent an email to my service center to get clarification. I hope I get the complete package, not just the wheels with no tires, LOL.

• Informative
Reactions: jjrandorin
Congrats to the folks who have wheels installed/delivered. what the process for it, did Tesla contact you or vice versa?

I have had over 30+ emails back and force with Tesla referral program last year as they had made a mistake on my 3rd awards for the Forged Performance Wheels, was given solar roof token previously. Haven't heard anything from them since July, 2019. My awards info is not showing in lootbox anymore.

Congrats to the folks who have wheels installed/delivered. what the process for it, did Tesla contact you or vice versa?

I have had over 30+ emails back and force with Tesla referral program last year as they had made a mistake on my 3rd awards for the Forged Performance Wheels, was given solar roof token previously. Haven't heard anything from them since July, 2019. My awards info is not showing in lootbox anymore.

Create an appointment in the app, and note in the comments that you qualify for the referral award wheels. Tesla receives it and will order the parts for you.

I had an appointment confirmed for 5/12, but the email from Tesla parts department indicated that the parts would be arriving at separate times, so I questioned whether the appointment would remain. The day before the appointment, I was contacted by the service department confirming that the parts had not been received, but as soon as they arrived, they would contact me. I expect to hear form them either tomorrow afternoon, or Monday.

Create an appointment in the app, and note in the comments that you qualify for the referral award wheels. Tesla receives it and will order the parts for you.

I had an appointment confirmed for 5/12, but the email from Tesla parts department indicated that the parts would be arriving at separate times, so I questioned whether the appointment would remain. The day before the appointment, I was contacted by the service department confirming that the parts had not been received, but as soon as they arrived, they would contact me. I expect to hear form them either tomorrow afternoon, or Monday.

Thats what happened to me as well, and to my surprise, I DID get contacted by tesla when the parts were received by the service center. I got an email with status of the parts, at least... and I saw they were all at the service center, so then rescheduled my appointment.

My first one was cancelled due to lack of parts, the second (after getting the email the parts were in) went without a hitch. I am not sure which San Diego store you use, but I go to tesla carlsbad. They told me that mine was the first one of these they had installed. I really like the look (super happy).

Now I am just trying to figure out if I want to hold onto my factory 20s for some reason, or sell them to get them out of my garage.

I've been in contact with Tesla SF after my wheels and associated parts were ordered three weeks ago now with no progress. Finally heard back and was told, "I got in touch with our vehicle accessories team and they informed me that there is a national backorder on this package. This explains why you (and me) have not gotten any further updates. At this time I do not even have a tentative date to give you when we expect to have it."

So...not great news, but then again these are free so I can't really complain. Hopefully with the world starting to spin back up again it won't be *too* much longer.

Reactions: lelejill and Muskol

Thanks for the info. Seems like it's in backorder again, will schedule an appt and see how it goes.

I've been in contact with Tesla SF after my wheels and associated parts were ordered three weeks ago now with no progress. Finally heard back and was told, "I got in touch with our vehicle accessories team and they informed me that there is a national backorder on this package. This explains why you (and me) have not gotten any further updates. At this time I do not even have a tentative date to give you when we expect to have it."

So...not great news, but then again these are free so I can't really complain. Hopefully with the world starting to spin back up again it won't be *too* much longer.

This is likely due to both how tesla does business on these things (basically letting people schedule vs having an efficient way to allocate them by vin in the order they were earned / reserved), and the way we all communicate now (social media, forums etc).

Word on something like this gets out, and "bam" tons of people across the country rush to get theirs, creating an almost instant shortage. They certainly cant spin up manufacturing to the rate needed to handle that "rush influx" moment, and because of social media, anything desirable gets "rush influx" type buying, so.....

Hopefully you get them soon. The issue I see is, We all know that tesla is not efficient at allocating product like this, so.... it is highly likely that people who ordered them far after you get theirs before you do. You will get them eventually though, and I think they look better in person than they do in pictures.... and I liked how they looked in pictures, lol.

Reactions: ryanjm

Seems like I can only create an appointment via mobile service, even typed in the service center location however it still showed mobile service will go to that location. was this the case when you made an appointment? And seems like I can only create appointment via the phone app, there is no option for me to do that on their website anymore.

Seems like I can only create an appointment via mobile service, even typed in the service center location however it still showed mobile service will go to that location. was this the case when you made an appointment? And seems like I can only create appointment via the phone app, there is no option for me to do that on their website anymore.
Just go ahead and create it for mobile service. They will reach out and change it to your preferred service center when they confirm.

Reactions: lelejill
I created an appointment via the app a few weeks back. I didn't select the right appointment category on my first attempt was told to resubmit with the "Vehicle Accessories Category". Shortly after my correct second attempt someone texted me and told me they placed the order for my local service center, Dublin CA.

Radio silence for nearly two weeks so I texted back with no response. I just got off the phone with CJ at the Dublin SC who said they were ordered, but were on a list of "parts review". I'm not sure what that means. He mentioned they might come faster if I have an appointment, so he created one for me on 8/15.

Per usual, this redemption has been far from positive. It looks like I'll be waiting another few weeks.

I have received an email mentions about 1099

"In advance of your service appointment, please complete a W-9 form via the secure link below so we can send you your 1099 tax form at the end of the year."

Does this mean we will be taxed for the official price $5500 or whatever it is?