Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referral reward Powerwall: any recent deliveries?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good info, thanks. Were you able to order it as soon as you qualified? If not, when did your order go in the “system”? :D

Rich

Yes. I received confirmation of my referral prize about 1 week after I qualified. I did not receive an update on my referral until January 2018 at which time I requested that a standard Powerwall 2 be added to my order. The details of my process can be found at the following thread:

Founder's Powerwall Installation Status

Yes. I received confirmation of my referral prize about 1 week after I qualified. I did not receive an update on my referral until January 2018 at which time I requested that a standard Powerwall 2 be added to my order. The details of my process can be found at the following thread:

Founder's Powerwall Installation Status
I was thinking about adding a standard Powerwall 2 when I get the referral prize, but if they keep upping the price then it likely won't be worth it to me anymore.

12/15/17 Qualified
1/4/18 Received Email
1/4/18 Claimed Code
1/31/18 Received Email from Tesla saying they would begin delivery of Powerwall 2 in March 2018.

Still nothing.

Same situation for me, but qualified even earlier. Contacted the referral department and was told that there's a shortage of batteries and that all powerwalls were diverted to PR and commercial installations right now. Which is probably a BS line given that I was also told regular powerwalls are shipping and delivering and have an installation estimate of about 3 months.

Thought I'd revive this thread. Has anyone taken delivery of their referral Powerwall?
I think a lucky few did in 2018, but the Powerwall program will begin to speed up come summer of this year, for both referral and for those who purchased it.

There is still this open question regarding the Powerwall Gateway 2, and if anyone is getting those installed or are the original gateways still being installed, and what exactly is Powerwall Gateway 2 vs. 1.

Source = https://www.awsolar.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/Backup_Gateway_2_Datasheet_EN.pdf