Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Referrals for Model 3 in a mess

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cancel and reorder

FSD has gone up a £grand in the meantime, no?

There have been these sort of Referral Cockups before ... I don't care what Tesla are saying about "must be at time of order" ... they've said that before, and they have always been sorted out (properly & retrospectively) before.

You may have to kick up a fuss though ...

I'm guessing that will have to pull the audit logs to check that you did actually use the referral code, which is a PITA for them, hence if it were me I too would want to try to deflect any WannaBeTryItOn'ers as a first push-back

shout if you need a referral

Ouch! That's harsh!

Its a bit of a mess, but its not for a signed wall charger, or a electric buggy for a kid any more - its £100 of supercharger use, on a £50k car. You will probably spend more on a ceramic coating, or a last tank of fuel for your old petrol/diesel car?

Not saying its not annoying, but do put it in context...

Avendit
(that said, the one I used worked)

I ordered on 1st May, and sent them an email the same day advising I couldn't use the referral during the order process. I've yet to hear back from them.

I also ordered on the 1st May and couldn't add a referral code, called the sales support who said there had been a problem with the order page on the 1st May. So they gave me an email address to send my Reservation Number and the referral code and they would sort it out. Got an email today telling me that the referral code will be applied although it may take a bit of time.

Might be worth calling the Sales Support number to make sure they process the referral code with your order.

I also ordered on the 1st May and couldn't add a referral code, called the sales support who said there had been a problem with the order page on the 1st May. So they gave me an email address to send my Reservation Number and the referral code and they would sort it out. Got an email today telling me that the referral code will be applied although it may take a bit of time.

Might be worth calling the Sales Support number to make sure they process the referral code with your order.
Just got an email back today confirming it will be applied to my account, but may take some time. Also that they would be in touch in due course for Additional Information required for the next stage of delivery.