Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refill refrigerant - air conditioning gas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Is it important during refilling to connect Tesla S 2017 with Toolbox 3? I know that many people refill their A/C in normal car shops and they don't connect car. Are there any valves that should be open while refilling? Is there any valve in Battery Chiller?

I would like to do service of my A/C but I want to go to normal workshop that doesn't have Toolbox 3.

1.jpg

Hello,

Is it important during refilling to connect Tesla S 2017 with Toolbox 3? I know that many people refill their A/C in normal car shops and they don't connect car. Are there any valves that should be open while refilling? Is there any valve in Battery Chiller?

I would like to do service of my A/C but I want to go to normal workshop that doesn't have Toolbox 3.

View attachment 922995
It's understandable that you would want to go to an independent shop that is able to service the AC. It would probably be more economical to do so vs going to Tesla.

If you prefer not to take it to Tesla I would suggest an independent shop that has experience with Tesla vehicles. If an inexperienced shop makes a mistake it could be a very costly repair and would definitely wipe out any cost savings.

Upvote 0
I know that the best is to service car at Tesla but I have them far away I like to do things myself.

I could find in hidden service mode option to drain fluids. But I am not sure if upper option is for coolant or refrigerant gas.

Attachments

• 6AE8E9F3-C06A-4813-B4FE-5A25B6491F7C.jpeg
    6AE8E9F3-C06A-4813-B4FE-5A25B6491F7C.jpeg
    567.5 KB · Views: 179
Upvote 0