Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refilling M3 with Windscreen Fluid

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why are you sending this poor guy to a gas station... He bought a Tesla to avoid those places...
He also includes supermarkets and auto parts stores. I always buy my windshield washer fluid at our local gas station, mainly because it's the closest place to my house that sells the stuff, so I'm using less electricity (generated in part by fossil fuels) than if I were to drive further. Also, I used to buy gas there all the time, for 30 years, so I feel a neighborly obligation to buy windshield washer fluid there now.

A few superchargers around here are at Wawa gas stations - nice meeting of the old vs the new.
If EVs are indeed the future then installing 1 or 2 DCFC stations at most all existing urban and highway adjacent gas stations makes total sense. CCS, CHAdeMO (for the Leafs that remain in use) or Tesla Supercharger. The gasoline companies should see the writing on the wall and adapt or else fade away like the dinosaurs that they now sell.

If EVs are indeed the future then installing 1 or 2 DCFC stations at most all existing urban and highway adjacent gas stations makes total sense. CCS, CHAdeMO (for the Leafs that remain in use) or Tesla Supercharger. The gasoline companies should see the writing on the wall and adapt or else fade away like the dinosaurs that they now sell.
I agree with your premise, but I think we are 20+ years away from that being a reality so it is not a current problem for gas stations. You live in CA so it probably looks closer to happening than it does in the rest of the country. Biden's goal of 50% EV's by 2030 is nothing more than a talking point and is extremely unlikely to happen for so many reasons.

EV's have lots of drawbacks currently including range, speed of charging, cost, etc. You can't convince an average consumer/family it is "better" to buy an EV than an ICE vehicle. Until there are DC charging stations every 10 miles around the country that can charge a car in <10 minutes they won't be widely adopted. The amount of planning required to drive an EV is extremely stressful to some and annoying to most.

You ultimately have to convince the public than EV's are better in every aspect than an ICE vehicle before mass adoption. Telling people "but you're saving the environment" is a non starter and is akin to telling someone they should take a train from NY to CA instead of flying bc they pollute less. This is just simply reality.

IMO

I bought some of this stuff based on a poster's rec, here (have not had the chance to try it yet, still on my factory fill believe it or not)

"Use our winter formula nextzett Anti-Frost for anti-freeze protection or add alcohol to the mixture". Probably not going to be a problem in my case since it rarely gets below freezing here in Silicon Valley. But I do plan on going skiing up in Tahoe several more times before my legs and/or back give out. I have a partial bottle of Jose Cuervo Silver in the back of my garage frig. Does that qualify?