Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

tph4m

Sep 15, 2020
Houston
I’m considering getting my 20’ Performance wrapped in another color and think it’s a good opportunity for a facelift. I really like the 2021 front bumpers and was wondering if it would be a direct fit with new fogs. I’ve seen both cars side by side and the dimensions look like it’ll fit but concerned if the electronics will be plug and play. Has anyone tried it?

Sep 6, 2020
Norway
The fenders are supposedly wider on the refresh so it might be too wide. We'd love to have someone measure.
Another thing is that you need to think about cooling since the louvres aren't there anymore.
The fog lights might not have the same plug, but it shouldn't be too complicated to do some trickery with the plug/wire.

Sep 6, 2020
Norway
The front flares are wider to accommodate 265 tires. If someone could get measurements vs a facelift car then we'd know for sure. Fog lights shouldn't be too hard to wire, but I'm very skeptical of thermals since the new bumper doesn't have the active louvres.

fst4re

Nov 18, 2021
Califorina
The front flares are wider to accommodate 265 tires. If someone could get measurements vs a facelift car then we'd know for sure. Fog lights shouldn't be too hard to wire, but I'm very skeptical of thermals since the new bumper doesn't have the active louvres.
Hmm, but if you’re saying it flares out wider, I wonder if that’s true?

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC