Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 2021 front bumper facelift on 2016+?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m considering getting my 20’ Performance wrapped in another color and think it’s a good opportunity for a facelift. I really like the 2021 front bumpers and was wondering if it would be a direct fit with new fogs. I’ve seen both cars side by side and the dimensions look like it’ll fit but concerned if the electronics will be plug and play. Has anyone tried it?

The fenders are supposedly wider on the refresh so it might be too wide. We'd love to have someone measure.
Another thing is that you need to think about cooling since the louvres aren't there anymore.
The fog lights might not have the same plug, but it shouldn't be too complicated to do some trickery with the plug/wire.

The front flares are wider to accommodate 265 tires. If someone could get measurements vs a facelift car then we'd know for sure. Fog lights shouldn't be too hard to wire, but I'm very skeptical of thermals since the new bumper doesn't have the active louvres.

Solution in development...stay tuned.
Subcribed to this thread as well. I've got a Model X, and would love to have a refresh bumper since as it stands my current bumper is pockmarked with paint chipping from no PPF. It would be a no brainer to get an upgraded/refresh look along with some clean paint!

If you make it/solicit pre-orders, you will have a hot product on your hands!

Reactions: m5james
Subcribed to this thread as well. I've got a Model X, and would love to have a refresh bumper since as it stands my current bumper is pockmarked with paint chipping from no PPF. It would be a no brainer to get an upgraded/refresh look along with some clean paint!

I look into this matter myself, not only need to update the fender and most importantly the two side air inlet for ac condenser is block.

Fitment wise not sure the new MX is wider than the pre facelift. Only the S I thought?
You may be able to convert the MX if not for the air louvre issue