Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 6 seat rattle in rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it's actually the rear of the drivers seat for me. The rattle seems to be related to the creaking with the drivers seat too. I took a look back there and didn't see much, except for the seatbelt anchor on the left side, where the cable attaches to the seat frame. I put some oil on that and will find out tomorrow if it did something.

I may have just found the source of the rattle. I am pretty sure that the end of the falcon door release cable is not supposed to be resting on the speaker.

C17DF084-CFFE-482F-8DF3-93472BD24CDB.jpeg

describe shuffling? Like bridge shuffling cards?

Sorry I know that was very vague. I have a noise coming from the back seat, seemingly behind both the driver and the passenger seats. It could also be coming from further back as in-car acoustics is tricky to nail down. The noise itself is like sheets of paper or rough cloth rubbing/shuffling against each other. Curious if yours was anything similar?

Reactions: gcsutton
Sorry I know that was very vague. I have a noise coming from the back seat, seemingly behind both the driver and the passenger seats. It could also be coming from further back as in-car acoustics is tricky to nail down. The noise itself is like sheets of paper or rough cloth rubbing/shuffling against each other. Curious if yours was anything similar?
You have 6 seats? The monopost cladding covers do make a little noise.

Mine sounded it was definitely coming from the lower left drivers seat, which is where the speaker is. And it sounded a fast tapping.

Reactions: cookiefactory
This thread from 2020 includes what looks like a similar issue with the speaker rattle on a 2020 Model X, so I guess they haven't fixed that issue yet...

Unfortunately this was not the issue for me, I pulled off the speaker and the FW release wire was pinned in between the speaker mount and the foam, and was not extending onto the speaker. But I pulled it out of the speaker mount through the foam just incase to see if it would fix the problem and it didn't, I still have the squeaking coming from somewhere behind the driver seat.

Im not sure its on the door, I rarely sit in the back seat or passenger seat, but while driving it sounds like its under the driver seat or somewhere in between the driver side middle row seat and the drivers seat. I will try riding in the back seat and see if I can pin point the area.