TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Refresh 60D battery pack info

Discussion in 'Model S: Battery & Charging' started by MikingCO, Aug 15, 2016.

1. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

Several people have asked me about the battery pack info off my refreshed 60D. It's a 75KWh batter, 350VDC. Tesla part no 1088794-00-A serial no T16F0042952.

Attached Files:

2. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Tesla basically has three options when software limiting - they can limit the top and use the bottom 80%, they can limit the bottom and use the top 80%, or they can split it somewhere in the middle and limit both ends.

When they did the 40s as limited 60s, they limited the top, and the accepted wisdom of the forum is that they've done that again - but AFAIK that hasn't been positively confirmed.

If we can get a video of a 60 supercharging or at least some pictures of the Voltage/Amperage near the top of the SpC session, we should be able to figure it out by comparing to Voltage/Amperage for a 75 SpC session.

3. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

This wasn't meant to be a thread about charging to 100% or some other number.

I've had three people ask me about the data on the sticker since Friday. I couldn't find any info on the new 60 battery in the TMC Wiki so I decide to post.

Let's debate the charging implications on one of the 27 other threads.

• Like x 1
  4. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

I have personally posted this info a number of times. At 100% I'm still seeing around 180a.

5. Buddy

Buddy Member

Deleted! Sorry

6. Saghost

Saghost Active Member

Huh. I must have missed those other posts, sorry. What was the Voltage?

7. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

I'll take it to the SC again later this week and do a long charge from 10-ish% to 100%. I'll throw time, amps, and voltage into a spread sheet and graph it. That should make for a good reference for these conversations going forward. I prob can't get to it until Thursday morning though.

• Like x 1
  8. MikingCO

MikingCO Member

I have them in posts, not dedicated threads. Probably easily missed if you weren't looking for them.

9. jchag

jchag Member

image.png image.jpeg image.jpeg Just went to a SC with a refreshed 60D. WhenI arrived I took a picture and it shows 179 mile range with 40 minutes to full charge. 199amps at 348 volts. Next picture show 217 range and 102 amps, almost done charging. Third picture show elapsed time of 14 minutes 50 seconds

• Like x 1