Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh 60D battery pack info

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MikeKFE

2023 MXP | 2023 MSLR
Jun 22, 2016
Dallas, TX
Several people have asked me about the battery pack info off my refreshed 60D. It's a 75KWh batter, 350VDC. Tesla part no 1088794-00-A serial no T16F0042952.

Attachments

• battery.jpg
    battery.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 108
I think the more common question is whether or not it's okay to charge to 100% daily.

If it's a 75kw topped just restricted to 80% charge then charging to 100% on a 60kw battery is good.

Also people have posted saying "my DS said its okay to charge to 100% daily" as well as "my DS said to not charge to 100% daily"

Mixed messages and I have a model s 60kw on order so it matters to me!

Tesla basically has three options when software limiting - they can limit the top and use the bottom 80%, they can limit the bottom and use the top 80%, or they can split it somewhere in the middle and limit both ends.

When they did the 40s as limited 60s, they limited the top, and the accepted wisdom of the forum is that they've done that again - but AFAIK that hasn't been positively confirmed.

If we can get a video of a 60 supercharging or at least some pictures of the Voltage/Amperage near the top of the SpC session, we should be able to figure it out by comparing to Voltage/Amperage for a 75 SpC session.

I think the more common question is whether or not it's okay to charge to 100% daily.

If it's a 75kw topped just restricted to 80% charge then charging to 100% on a 60kw battery is good.

Also people have posted saying "my DS said its okay to charge to 100% daily" as well as "my DS said to not charge to 100% daily"

Mixed messages and I have a model s 60kw on order so it matters to me!
This wasn't meant to be a thread about charging to 100% or some other number.

I've had three people ask me about the data on the sticker since Friday. I couldn't find any info on the new 60 battery in the TMC Wiki so I decide to post.

Let's debate the charging implications on one of the 27 other threads.

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Tesla basically has three options when software limiting - they can limit the top and use the bottom 80%, they can limit the bottom and use the top 80%, or they can split it somewhere in the middle and limit both ends.

When they did the 40s as limited 60s, they limited the top, and the accepted wisdom of the forum is that they've done that again - but AFAIK that hasn't been positively confirmed.

If we can get a video of a 60 supercharging or at least some pictures of the Voltage/Amperage near the top of the SpC session, we should be able to figure it out by comparing to Voltage/Amperage for a 75 SpC session.
I have personally posted this info a number of times. At 100% I'm still seeing around 180a.

I'll take it to the SC again later this week and do a long charge from 10-ish% to 100%. I'll throw time, amps, and voltage into a spread sheet and graph it. That should make for a good reference for these conversations going forward. I prob can't get to it until Thursday morning though.

Reactions: Saghost
image.png
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Just went to a SC with a refreshed 60D. WhenI arrived I took a picture and it shows 179 mile range with 40 minutes to full charge. 199amps at 348 volts. Next picture show 217 range and 102 amps, almost done charging. Third picture show elapsed time of 14 minutes 50 seconds

Reactions: Saghost