Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh gaming controllers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've looked at a few threads on this but I'm still a bit confused.

It seems in the current refreshed Model S (I have a 2023), the only USB port capable of data is in the glovebox, yes?
So if you want to plug in to play games you have to remove the flash drive for Sentry mode, that seems non-ideal.

What I really want is to use a PS4 controller wirelessly in the car. Can I do this and how?

To clarify, the two forward console USB ports and the Glovebox support data and charging on the S/X and older 3/Y. Newer 3/Y only has the Glovebox for data. The rear two center console USBs are charging only.

This is such a hassle. Why isn’t it clear what exactly we need to do to play games in the car with the right controllers? I just bought Xbox X/S wireless controllers and they won’t even pair. I have a 2022 MS Nov ‘21 build date. Any idea the right play here?

This is such a hassle. Why isn’t it clear what exactly we need to do to play games in the car with the right controllers? I just bought Xbox X/S wireless controllers and they won’t even pair. I have a 2022 MS Nov ‘21 build date. Any idea the right play here?

You likely won't have the 16gb of ram needed to play Steam games, so none of those.

The MS refresh manual recommends PS 5 wireless controllers. I bought a Sony Dual Sense PS5 on sale, and it works after a few missteps configuring it. Better response than the wired X box.