Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh headlights on Pre-facelift MS *opinion*

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Member for awhile now and just getting to my first post. I have a MS P85D and was looking into some custom lights... Mainly blacking the housing, frosting the DRLs, and maybe sequential signal modules. With just the 2 options doing this work on the headlights would be close to a grand if I sent in my units and well over if I bought used ones to send in. Well earlier this week I saw this eBay seller claiming to be able to wire the LED lamps to the 1st gen MS. Literally it's a walkthrough... $150 to be shown how to do it. I have seen here on the forum that the LED units wiring is different than the HID ones. Plugs up but things weren't working as they should etc etc. My interest is piqued to say the least. I was wondering were there any breakthroughs on the wiring that I haven't come across yet? Would any of you trust this eBay scenario? (I don't btw) Do any of you all live in Indianapolis or close by and would love to schedule some meets? (I'm so lonely lol)

Thanks for reading

Tesla Model S Headlights HID to LED Upgrade Instructions | eBay

Link to the eBay listing

I'll post a screenshot of the convo we had last night. He speaks about the SC doing the programming but I didn't think they would... Why wouldn't I just buy the headlights and take them to my SC to get them installed and programmed? One stop shop. Or is it something I don't know....
Screenshot_20201004-085640_Gmail.jpg