Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh: how's the instrument cluster screen at night?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

planetary

EndlessCheese spreader
Dec 29, 2018
Danville, CA
On the old Model S (those that I've seen), the black levels on the instrument cluster LCD panels were pretty poor, so you constantly have this low-gray screen staring you in the face the whole time. Always annoyed me.

How do the Model S refresh instrument cluster panels compare -- especially at night?

On the old Model S (those that I've seen), the black levels on the instrument cluster LCD panels were pretty poor, so you constantly have this low-gray screen staring you in the face the whole time. Always annoyed me.

How do the Model S refresh instrument cluster panels compare -- especially at night?

Night and day (no joke). The new dash is much nicer. In pitch black night, you can tell it's not an OLED screen due to its slightly raised black level, but it's a far cry from the utter crap display of the older Model Ss. Really sharp, too. When it's dusky, and not completely dark out, the blacks look OLED-like, as they do during the day. You'll be pleased with the upgrade here.

Reactions: planetary