Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh - Included Charger Adapters

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve read the S refresh doesn’t include all of the charging adapters older models have included. I have a three year-old Model 3 (North America) that came with a kit full of charging adapters. I’m selling the 3 once I get the new S but want to hold onto the one (or more?) adapters the 3 came with that my new S will not. Can anyone let me know which adapter I should be holding onto?

*Apologies if this is a dumb question, I’ve just apparently made it three years of owning a Tesla without needing adapters since I’ve relied on the Supercharger network. Thanks

I’ve read the S refresh doesn’t include all of the charging adapters older models have included.
Well, no, not really, because it's not related to "refreshed" versions of anything. There was just a point in time a few years ago, where Tesla stopped including the 14-50 adapter.

I have a three year-old Model 3 (North America) that came with a kit full of charging adapters.
Not really a "kit full". Tesla used to include two: the 5-15 and 14-50. Around two or three years ago, they stopped including the 14-50 with every single car, which I think was a good thing. Many people were getting wall connectors instead, or they were putting in something else, like a 14-30 if they couldn't fit an extra 50 amp circuit at home. I do think they should have set up something where people could choose one adapter to get free, so they could pick something that fit what outlet they have or were going to put in.

Reactions: M3LA