Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh interior windshield haze

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely not "scum". The magic eraser won't even remove it.

I had this on my refresh Model X that I took delivery of in June. I bought Griot's Garage Glass Cleaning Clay (it's a blue clay), wore a pair of gloves (stains hands easily), sprayed some Griot's Speed Shine and used the clay in a ball to wipe it thoroughly. After- I cleaned it with regular glass cleaner and it all came off. It was all on the interior of the windshield. Hope this helps!

I had this on my refresh Model X that I took delivery of in June. I bought Griot's Garage Glass Cleaning Clay (it's a blue clay), wore a pair of gloves (stains hands easily), sprayed some Griot's Speed Shine and used the clay in a ball to wipe it thoroughly. After- I cleaned it with regular glass cleaner and it all came off. It was all on the interior of the windshield. Hope this helps!
It worked!

Reactions: keith819
2 months in and I'm still battling this haze on my 22MX. I tried multiple window cleaners with no results. I also tried the Girots window clay (but used windex instead of speed shine) and I think it caused a marginal improvement. I have now gone after my interior windshield several times and it does seem a little better and clearer...but man I've never encountered haze like that. Now we're seeing some heavy rains this week and I'm seeing another haze on the OUTSIDE of my windshield that is highlighted in between windshield wipes. It's really bad in heavy rain as it starts to obstruct the view. I used my clay bar on the exterior driver side but it hasn't rained since so I don't know if it did anything yet. When the wipers would move across the window, it would show a haze outline of what appeared to be something across the entire window with various drips here and there. Like some liquid was applied prior to delivery and dried on there. In any event, I'm so tired of cleaning my windshield!

2 months in and I'm still battling this haze on my 22MX. I tried multiple window cleaners with no results. I also tried the Girots window clay (but used windex instead of speed shine) and I think it caused a marginal improvement. I have now gone after my interior windshield several times and it does seem a little better and clearer...but man I've never encountered haze like that. Now we're seeing some heavy rains this week and I'm seeing another haze on the OUTSIDE of my windshield that is highlighted in between windshield wipes. It's really bad in heavy rain as it starts to obstruct the view. I used my clay bar on the exterior driver side but it hasn't rained since so I don't know if it did anything yet. When the wipers would move across the window, it would show a haze outline of what appeared to be something across the entire window with various drips here and there. Like some liquid was applied prior to delivery and dried on there. In any event, I'm so tired of cleaning my windshield!

You should never use windex in a car. Or any other ammonia based glass cleaner for that matter. Buy yourself a case of stoners invisible glass.

I will try this!

So glad I found this! Got my 23 MX a month ago and with the rain, it was downright dangerous as the oncoming lights would scatter due to the haze and make seeing clearly difficult. I just can't believe I have to do this on a $120k+ car!
I know. I paid half what you paid and have the haze. I am bringing it to service on Sunday for other items and immediately sent them pictures. They said they will fix the haze. I have the backup plan which was on a thread- Griots Garage Speed Shine.