Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh LR and Plaid rated wh/mile anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

sorka

Feb 28, 2015
Merced, CA
With 95 kwh usable, 20" wheels, and 5 seat config, Plaid and LR would be 284 and 273 wh/mile respectively . My P85DL is 310 wh/mile in order to achieve rated range which I handily beat on long trips since I tend to keep it to about 5 mph above the speed limit and no faster.

What are folks realistically achieving on LR? Anyone just get a Plaid with early impressions on efficiency?

Oh. Wait. AlanSubie4Life *does* know it for the Plaid and already posted it back in June.

The current charging constant used for all calculations on the display is 246Wh/rmi.

In fact there's a whole thread on it:

So, to spell this out, to actually get the car to go the distance shown next to the battery icon, you'll need to drive in such a way that your dashboard trip meter shows less than 246 Wh/mi after the trip is over.

(For various technical reasons, you'll need to probably keep it below 233 to really get your "rated" miles, but that's a much longer story)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Oh. Wait. AlanSubie4Life *does* know it for the Plaid and already posted it back in June.

In fact there's a whole thread on it:

So, to spell this out, to actually get the car to go the distance shown next to the battery icon, you'll need to drive in such a way that your dashboard trip meter shows less than 246 Wh/mi after the trip is over.

(For various technical reasons, you'll need to probably keep it below 233 to really get your "rated" miles, but that's a much longer story)
These were preliminary numbers so they may have changed (sometimes happens early in a model year). However, it’s relatively easy to determine the final numbers empirically. Not sure whether the Energy Screen ever showed up on the Plaid. Makes it easy.

In any case I have not been paying attention. Easy enough for anyone to figure out though - no mysteries!

With 95 kwh usable, 20" wheels, and 5 seat config, Plaid and LR would be 284 and 273 wh/mile respectively . My P85DL is 310 wh/mile in order to achieve rated range which I handily beat on long trips since I tend to keep it to about 5 mph above the speed limit and no faster.

What are folks realistically achieving on LR? Anyone just get a Plaid with early impressions on efficiency?
I picked up a 2022 LR with 19 inch wheels this past Sunday and recently did a 190 mile round trip on highways and stuck in traffic for several hours. Parts of the highway were at up to 75 mph and 1 1/2 hours each way was essentially in stop and go (gotta love that Cross Bronx Expressway and George Washington Bridge). I also discovered my tires were only 38 psi on the trip out and since the car was parked for 5 hours in snow, I adjusted them up to the recommended 42 psi for the trip home using the air compressor I always have in my trunk. Outgoing 95 miles averaged 301 w/mile. Returning 95 miles averaged 251 w/mile. It was an easy round trip starting at 99% soc and finishing at 30 something %. I forget the actual number, but there was plenty of range for this journey.

I picked up a 2022 LR with 19 inch wheels this past Sunday and recently did a 190 mile round trip on highways and stuck in traffic for several hours. Parts of the highway were at up to 75 mph and 1 1/2 hours each way was essentially in stop and go (gotta love that Cross Bronx Expressway and George Washington Bridge). I also discovered my tires were only 38 psi on the trip out and since the car was parked for 5 hours in snow, I adjusted them up to the recommended 42 psi for the trip home using the air compressor I always have in my trunk. Outgoing 95 miles averaged 301 w/mile. Returning 95 miles averaged 251 w/mile. It was an easy round trip starting at 99% soc and finishing at 30 something %. I forget the actual number, but there was plenty of range for this journey.
Since this is the Model X forum, I suspect OP was asking for Model X numbers. But your numbers are impressive indeed, considering it is cold in NY.