Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh model S cargo dimensions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Width 39" in the front area before it gets wider towards the back. The back section is 55" at the widest, but that area is very variable.

Depth 42" in the center, but this is only at the floor level. The seats slant backwards, and the rear hatch will start to take up room once it is closed.

Height 16" to the bottom of the (removable) shelf.

The area towards the front of the trunk that is consistent is a 39x21.5" rectangle (by 16" high to the bottom of the shelf) If this is cutting it close, you should also know that the floor of the trunk curve upwards at the seat hinge, so some of your height will be gone in that area, and don't forget that the seats also tilt backwards so you don't get a full 39x21.5x16.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG
Don't have time to measure again now, But would total width will be 39" and length will be something much more than 42"... I know that helps not at all. :)
It was still nice of you to measure what you did.
I'm also curious because I want S plaid performance but love all the room I have to haul gear in my Model Y.
Sad that you cant get this basic info on Tesla's website