Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh model S cargo dimensions

Jeffgtx

May 20, 2014
West coast
Can anyone with a refresh model S measure the XYZ dimensions of the rear trunk with the rear seats up? I have some very specific sports equipment i need to carry with 4 people in the car and need to make sure it can accommodate it. Thanks!

ssv22

Jun 2, 2020
Santa Clara
Can anyone with a refresh model S measure the XYZ dimensions of the rear trunk with the rear seats up? I have some very specific sports equipment i need to carry with 4 people in the car and need to make sure it can accommodate it. Thanks!
I will do it this weekend once my car is back from the shop.

kgoroway

Apr 24, 2019
South Jersey
Width 39" in the front area before it gets wider towards the back. The back section is 55" at the widest, but that area is very variable.

Depth 42" in the center, but this is only at the floor level. The seats slant backwards, and the rear hatch will start to take up room once it is closed.

Height 16" to the bottom of the (removable) shelf.

The area towards the front of the trunk that is consistent is a 39x21.5" rectangle (by 16" high to the bottom of the shelf) If this is cutting it close, you should also know that the floor of the trunk curve upwards at the seat hinge, so some of your height will be gone in that area, and don't forget that the seats also tilt backwards so you don't get a full 39x21.5x16.

Last edited:
Reactions: WilliamG

AquaY

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
May 30, 2021
Long Island NY
Don't have time to measure again now, But would total width will be 39" and length will be something much more than 42"... I know that helps not at all. :)
It was still nice of you to measure what you did.
I'm also curious because I want S plaid performance but love all the room I have to haul gear in my Model Y.
Sad that you cant get this basic info on Tesla's website

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC