Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Climate Control Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, so when I get in my car solo I notice that even though the climate control is on auto only the driver side is engaged. This happens every time I get in the vehicle. In order to get the passenger side to flow, I need to go into the expanded interface, tap once on the passenger air vent, and then air will flow out of that side.

Is this by design? If so, having to conduct these extra steps is simply ridiculous. I haven't tried to see what happens when a passenger is in the front seat to see if the car detects that a body is seated and if the car will then automatically engage the air flow.

Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_0362.JPG
    IMG_0362.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0363.JPG
    IMG_0363.JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 64
From Teslarati: “Your car will automatically disable the passenger face vents when no passenger is detected, lowering energy consumption in hot weather. ... Tesla's update aims only to have vents remain operational if passenger seats are occupied within the Model Y. The vehicle will use in-seat sensors to identify occupancy. Jul 28, 2020" Looks like the Model S is now like the Y and 3 in this respect.

From Teslarati: “Your car will automatically disable the passenger face vents when no passenger is detected, lowering energy consumption in hot weather. ... Tesla's update aims only to have vents remain operational if passenger seats are occupied within the Model Y. The vehicle will use in-seat sensors to identify occupancy. Jul 28, 2020" Looks like the Model S is now like the Y and 3 in this respect.
Ugh.....

Didn’t want to make a new thread but have a question on what exactly happened with my climate control today. I voice navi’d an address with the word “burning” in it and noticed like a few mins later that the heat was on max and my seat was heated on max. I thought it was just like the windshield defogger on auto or something until I was like wtf. Is this some Easter egg voice command? Lol. Thx!