Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Plaid Issue: Safety Restraint System Fault and Airbag Safety Indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had the service yesterday, error didn't come back after kicking the floor but the service rep did acknowledge there are connections down there so hopefully they effected a permanent solution. Also had the airbag recall done.

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone else in the community has run into this issue: Safety Restraint System Fault and Airbag Safety light indicator stuck in the on position. My car has been in service for 16 days searching for a solution, including replacing the driver side airbag. They have determined that the "issue is not solvable by parts replacement" and that everything is functioning. This is "not a safety issue". The error is likely coming from a software glitch that they are going to try to fix on the "back end" (all quotes indicate SA's words, not mine).

I was told that there are 2-3 other plaids in the country that have this problem (lucky me), and a senior engineer from Tesla flew out to look at my car to diagnose it. Has anyone else run into this issue in their new plaid? I am in Washington State, and I do not know all the particulars about Lemon Laws but doesn't this kinda sound like a lemon ( I mean I've read it, but this is splitting hairs. There is definitely a nonconformity that they cannot fix, but they've tried once; or its a serious safety issue even thought they say it isn't but again they've only tried once, and will not try to fix anymore because they do not know how....)? I really don't want to go down that road, but I want a car that doesn't chirp an error at me every 10-15 minutes while I'm driving about a Safety Restrain System Fault. Thoughts?

Thanks for any info

Dan
My Model X Plaid has the same 2 warnings and I'm in Washington State as well. Only had it a month and under 1k miles.

Hello all,

I wanted to see if anyone else in the community has run into this issue: Safety Restraint System Fault and Airbag Safety light indicator stuck in the on position. My car has been in service for 16 days searching for a solution, including replacing the driver side airbag. They have determined that the "issue is not solvable by parts replacement" and that everything is functioning. This is "not a safety issue". The error is likely coming from a software glitch that they are going to try to fix on the "back end" (all quotes indicate SA's words, not mine).

I was told that there are 2-3 other plaids in the country that have this problem (lucky me), and a senior engineer from Tesla flew out to look at my car to diagnose it. Has anyone else run into this issue in their new plaid? I am in Washington State, and I do not know all the particulars about Lemon Laws but doesn't this kinda sound like a lemon ( I mean I've read it, but this is splitting hairs. There is definitely a nonconformity that they cannot fix, but they've tried once; or its a serious safety issue even thought they say it isn't but again they've only tried once, and will not try to fix anymore because they do not know how....)? I really don't want to go down that road, but I want a car that doesn't chirp an error at me every 10-15 minutes while I'm driving about a Safety Restrain System Fault. Thoughts?

Thanks for any info

Dan
That chirp is what bothers me.

637BA7D7-CC70-451E-BE5E-C74CAF69092E.jpeg