Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Plaid Issue: Safety Restraint System Fault and Airbag Safety Indicator

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, they'd have to triple the length of allowable signatures if you decided to put your new car's saga in your sig. A lot of the forum guys have no idea of what you've been through... would make for a very entertaining/educational/maddening read should you decide to post everything that happened since day one. Although that would be one helluva lot of work!

Sure hope they get it figured out for you soon, man.
Haha yeah it's been quite the odyssey so far! And yes, far too long for a sig list.

We'll get there in the end (probably).

Got this alarm about a week ago and it comes back every time I start driving. I already have a service appointment scheduled for another issue and they just added it to the list. Guess I'll check under the seat for a loose connection (I know, good luck).

Maybe you'd have had better luck if I'd spelled "wish" correctly....

My issue ended up being just a loose connection somewhere, all better now. Nameless was in service for only half a day, during which time they also replaced a flaky liftgate button and repaired a hole in my wheel well (my own stupid fault).

Maybe you'd have had better luck if I'd spelled "wish" correctly....

My issue ended up being just a loose connection somewhere, all better now. Nameless was in service for only half a day, during which time they also replaced a flaky liftgate button and repaired a hole in my wheel well (my own stupid fault).

I had a huge repair for this back in August that took my car out for 2 weeks. They replaced the harness to dashboard. And in the recent month, it came up, i prefer not to get it fixed yet as it seems their solution hasn't worked out well. I'm curious if others have looked under the problematic seat and disconnected and connected the seat. It seems as if when I first drive and I go over a bumper road or a bump, will it trigger the dashboard warning.

Yeah, they'd have to triple the length of allowable signatures if you decided to put your new car's saga in your sig. A lot of the forum guys have no idea of what you've been through... would make for a very entertaining/educational/maddening read should you decide to post everything that happened since day one. Although that would be one helluva lot of work!

Sure hope they get it figured out for you soon, man.
I had the same message "Front Safety Restraint System Fault Refresh S" on a two-month-old Plaid. I have not found anyone who knows what the problem is, including TMC. My message is on the entire time I'm driving. Bummer!!

Any updates on this? I've had this issue since driving my plaid 1mile outside the lot after taking delivery. They replaced the restraint and it went away for a few months and now it is back again. It cuts in and out on its own. I have also been having my displays freezing up since July and they could never figure out that reason. I have a schedule service in March and I wonder if it's a harness problem.

Well after I had a harness replaced mine came back on a few weeks later was on for 2 months I read somewhere behind drivers toe kick next to dead peddle could be a loose connector. so next time I drove I hit it with my foot and sure enough the light went out. I pulled back the cover and there are a bunch of clips so I made sure they were pushed in and no more problems. Drove about 300 miles so far no codes or lights

Well after I had a harness replaced mine came back on a few weeks later was on for 2 months I read somewhere behind drivers toe kick next to dead peddle could be a loose connector. so next time I drove I hit it with my foot and sure enough the light went out. I pulled back the cover and there are a bunch of clips so I made sure they were pushed in and no more problems. Drove about 300 miles so far no codes or lights

Thanks for the tip! Just wanted to ask for clarification, is it easy to pull back the cover to access the connectors? I had the dashboard harness replaced and i think it says front passenger issue, not sure if it's the connector on the passenger seat or this harness area you are talking about near the dead pedal.

Thanks for the tip! Just wanted to ask for clarification, is it easy to pull back the cover to access the connectors? I had the dashboard harness replaced and i think it says front passenger issue, not sure if it's the connector on the passenger seat or this harness area you are talking about near the dead pedal.
yes next to dead peddle I hit it hard and light went off then I pulled it back and pushed all connectors together I did check the one under seat a few days prior