Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Plaid & LR Alternative All-Season/Winter 21" Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a Model S LR with the 21 Arachnids as I posted earlier but need alternatives for the white stuff. I event thought of changing to the 19s which are, in my humble opinion, FUGLY! I started looking for all seasons in the exact config as the stock OEM tires but found nothing! These are the best choices for alternative All Season/Winter tires that I'm finding for the 21s. BTW I had to change the rear tires to 275/35 21. According to Discount Tires this configuration makes the diameter difference between front and rear .2". I would think the car can handle that with no problems but would like some feedback from experts.

My first choice is a set of dedicated winter RIM & Tires. But I want a set that looks awesome in 20" size. Let's see what becomes available for after market rims by November/December. I can then consider a set of these Winter Soto Zero 3 as dedicated winter shoes. If nothing good comes around then I will buy the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season as an alternative tire for the Arachnids.

Thoughts and feedback are more than welcome.

Check out: The Tesla Model S Wheel Guide

I'm itching to get a set of these:
1627235107030.png

I ordered a Model S LR with the 21 Arachnids as I posted earlier but need alternatives for the white stuff. I event thought of changing to the 19s which are, in my humble opinion, FUGLY! I started looking for all seasons in the exact config as the stock OEM tires but found nothing! These are the best choices for alternative All Season/Winter tires that I'm finding for the 21s. BTW I had to change the rear tires to 275/35 21. According to Discount Tires this configuration makes the diameter difference between front and rear .2". I would think the car can handle that with no problems but would like some feedback from experts.

My first choice is a set of dedicated winter RIM & Tires. But I want a set that looks awesome in 20" size. Let's see what becomes available for after market rims by November/December. I can then consider a set of these Winter Soto Zero 3 as dedicated winter shoes. If nothing good comes around then I will buy the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season as an alternative tire for the Arachnids.

Thoughts and feedback are more than welcome.
Lookin for the same thing. I thought that the rear tires on arachnids are 295?

Interesting.. but this is frustrating. Still having no real winter options is pretty annoying for a brand new $100k car. Had it dip down to the 30s in Colorado here last night for the first time. Was actually at the SC for a delivery repair that they couldn’t complete, and they had zero info or advice on winter tires. I now have an unscheduled appointment down there for the work they couldn’t complete this time around - but by then, not sure if I can even drive the damn thing down in the cold on the summer tires.

How serious is this admonition to not even move the car (or hell even have the tires mounted) under 40 degrees F? Would a 40 mile round trip at 35 degrees wreck the 21” summer tires outright??

Last edited: