Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S Plaid & LR Alternative All-Season/Winter 21" Tires

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
? Those are winter tires listed.Those are real options. Did you order from tesla?
Yes. I spoke to them today at the SC. They had the same results on their computer. Those parts are currently unavailable to order. Note the winter tires show a $0.00 price and “not for resale”. Same for them, they were unable to order them as an after-delivery part. They told me to wait a few more weeks - by which it’ll be pretty cold already.

• Informative
Reactions: bhzmark
I’m on the east coast in NJ and last year I had a model 3P with oem wheels and Michelin ps4s that I drove through the winter in. Didn’t drive much and not in snow or ice but the tires were still fine in 30-40 degrees. I have a plaid coming this week with the pirelli’s so I’m also somewhat concerned but will probably just roll the dice with the oem setup.

am trying to find winter tires/rims/19" package - only set I can find is TSportline - beautiful but pricey. and they are same rim/tire size in front and rear.

can someone please explain...

1: what is a square setup? does that mean 255/45/19 in front and rear, instead of 255/45/19 front and 285/40/19 in rear?
2: if so, why is this better arrangement for winter tires?
3: does anything need to be done differently for mounting square setup as opposed to offset or just remove all season tires/rims and plunk on square winter tires/rims? I keep reading about spacers and other inserts ....

Many thanks!

Reactions: Blue Stuff
am trying to find winter tires/rims/19" package - only set I can find is TSportline - beautiful but pricey. and they are same rim/tire size in front and rear.

can someone please explain...

1: what is a square setup? does that mean 255/45/19 in front and rear, instead of 255/45/19 front and 285/40/19 in rear?
2: if so, why is this better arrangement for winter tires?
3: does anything need to be done differently for mounting square setup as opposed to offset or just remove all season tires/rims and plunk on square winter tires/rims? I keep reading about spacers and other inserts ....

Many thanks!
I went with the 20s, a lot cheaper. No idea why square is better, but it seems to be the normal for winter setups. Square just means all wheel and tires are identical in sizes.

just take factory off and put winters on, nothing different. Change the config in the car settings to a 20” wheel, more accurate battery/distance.

Don’t over think it.

wow - the 20" tsportlines are far less expensive than the 19's. why? one concern is whether these are low profile compared to 19" - I am in central PA and we have pot holes that will swallow a truck. Any experience on ride smoothness and potholes with 20's as opposed to 19"?

I have a plaid not an LS but I hear ya. Main concern is can the Michelin as4’s handle the plaid power off the line?
Data from Member @OCS300

85% SOC
20” Signature wheels SV105
Michelin All Season 4s
285/35 and 305/35

They perform very well as "all season" tire, but have been reported with some excissve road noise comapring to the Plilot Sport 4S.

2B6D665F-839F-436D-951A-F3DFEC69BC26.jpeg

Last edited:
I went with the 20s, a lot cheaper. No idea why square is better, but it seems to be the normal for winter setups. Square just means all wheel and tires are identical in sizes.

just take factory off and put winters on, nothing different. Change the config in the car settings to a 20” wheel, more accurate battery/distance.

Don’t over think it.

Is 20” even an option in settings? I thought only 19 or 21?

Data from Member @OCS300

85% SOC
20” Signature wheels SV105
Michelin All Season 4s
285/35 and 305/35

They perform very well as "all season" tire, but have been reported with some excissve road noise comapring to the Plilot Sport 4S.

View attachment 717598
Super easy to transact with Jamie. I saw this post about 2 hours a go, a few emails and I'm a proud new owner. 10/10!