Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S - Seats stained after one use, how to clean

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just took delivery of a brand new Model S LR, and after a single hour long car ride, my wife has managed to semi permanently stain the rear seat. No idea how, guess her pants had some kind of terrible dye. Tried baby wipes, small amount of dish soap and water, but nothing will get it out.

Anyone have any idea how to clean it. Do I need to steam clean it somehow?
6CC45D9D-14EF-4246-BE56-5244A8574617.jpeg

I had the brown leather dye from a cheap belt put a ribbon of stain on the cream leather of my Jag. Seemed nothing worked except Lexol leather cleaner, says it is safe for vinyl, but check it out first. I had to work to get it out, but it fixed the problem. Threw the belt out.

Keep in mind the seats have an oleophobic and hydrophobic coating from the factory. If you go the nuclear option and use anything etching or abrasive, like vinegar or magic eraser, you will need to re-retreat the seats otherwise anything in the future will stain them.

1. Take a warm damp cloth to gently remove any dust and surface stains from the seat. Do not rub the leather surface - the rubbing motion can actually make the stain harder to remove
  2. Apply leather cleaner to a clean cloth. Not baby wipes or dish soap.
  3. Start to wipe the stain away in circular motions until the stain is reduced.
  4. Wipe the surface clean with a new cloth dampened with water and dry completely. Repeat 2 if there are still issues.
  5. Cover the cleaned surface with leather protectant

Keep in mind the seats have an oleophobic and hydrophobic coating from the factory. If you go the nuclear option and use anything etching or abrasive, like vinegar or magic eraser, you will need to re-retreat the seats otherwise anything in the future will stain them.

1. Take a warm damp cloth to gently remove any dust and surface stains from the seat. Do not rub the leather surface - the rubbing motion can actually make the stain harder to remove
  2. Apply leather cleaner to a clean cloth. Not baby wipes or dish soap.
  3. Start to wipe the stain away in circular motions until the stain is reduced.
  4. Wipe the surface clean with a new cloth dampened with water and dry completely. Repeat 2 if there are still issues.
  5. Cover the cleaned surface with leather protectant
Apply leather cleaner to non leather?

So I just took delivery of a brand new Model S LR, and after a single hour long car ride, my wife has managed to semi permanently stain the rear seat. No idea how, guess her pants had some kind of terrible dye. Tried baby wipes, small amount of dish soap and water, but nothing will get it out.

Anyone have any idea how to clean it. Do I need to steam clean it somehow?View attachment 743680

That's ridiculous. I thought people ceramic coating the interior were being crazy, but after seeing this I might have to jump on the bandwagon.