Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refresh Model S subwoofer/amp location?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all, I recently picked up a 2021 MSP and today I was on a trip and all my speakers died except the ones in the dash/headliner. Researching this it seems like it's a somewhat common problem in the S. I tried a two button reset and that didn't fix it so I set up a service center appointment but I'd like to check the amp and unplug/plug it back in to assure it's not as simple as that to fix it. That said, where the hell is it lol! In my Y it was in the pass side trunk and it looks like that's where it is in the 3 also. I tried to pull that trim down a little but it looks like there's a lot more soundproofing etc there in the S so I don't want to pull all that down if that's where it is. Anyone else have a solution for this issue? I see a lot folks had software fixes but of course I'm stuck on that front until I can get in for my appointment. Thanks

Hmm okay, I'll pull that loose and see what's there. Thanks!
Ummm....no. You have a refresh MS, then it is on the right side rear wheel hump. NOT the dash left of steering under.
Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 8.34.04 AM.jpg

Ummm....no. You have a refresh MS, then it is on the right side rear wheel hump. NOT the dash left of steering under. View attachment 937033
Thanks for that, ended up running out of time before my appointment and didn't even get to look. Got there and they told me it'd be done in about an hour. They sent me a message about 20 minutes after I left saying they couldn't do it because they ordered the wrong parts :/